Call for testing: Google/Huawei Nexus 6P (angler) owners

• Unfortunately it is not so easy to tell Linux "go switch cores Im gonna play a game". But what I was looking into that was to use the cpufreq governor which was made for this device: https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/ARM_BIG_LITTLE_CPUFREQ.html basically its a cpufreq governor that maps requested cpu frequency when the load goes higher to enabling not just all 4 big cores but single cores as needed. That would just allow spikes to be fully utilizing the bigger cores.

Then we do not need to change much except in-kernel stuff šŸ˜‰

• Good News! Nexus 6P is now finally installable with the UBports Installer!

Well after we fix a small thing šŸ˜‰ - but its just a matter of a few days. With that you will be onboarding the OTA update channels and can finally keep up with latest changes without halium-install. Another goodie: It will install everything to the system partition, making more free space on data. Not that angler users need more space but who knows ^^

• @Flohack
    Will there be any checkbox to choose whether to install 4 cores or 8 cores boot image ?
    or it will be manual ?

• @HMZ47 Theoretically we can have 2 devices listed but that is a problem for the final solution since it needs to duplicate everything just because of a different kernel cmdline. I will discuss with the guys what we can do here.

• Iā€™m thinking of grabbing my brothers nexus 6p should. This is awesome.

• Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has been working on this port! I've been quietly watching the Nexus 6P Ubuntu Touch development for months now, and I can't wait to see this support land in the installer!

• @Flohack
    Hi, I don't think it's a big deal but i want to mention it as a tester, when you enable keyboard sound, u can't control it, to be specific the keyboard sound stuck in the maximum volume no matter what the system volume level is.

• @HMZ47 Ok that sounds like an operating system issue, can you confirm this with another device?

• @Flohack
    unfortunately i can't, nexus 6p is the only phone i have that supports Ubuntu touch, hopefully other guys in this port with another device can confirm this.

• @HMZ47 said in Call for testing: Google/Huawei Nexus 6P (angler) owners:

@Flohack
    Hi, I don't think it's a big deal but i want to mention it as a tester, when you enable keyboard sound, u can't control it, to be specific the keyboard sound stuck in the maximum volume no matter what the system volume level is.

@Flohack @HMZ47 I can confirm this both in the N6P and in the pinephone.

• A small but beautiful improvement made today: Date and Time is now persisted correctly across reboots, even without network connection. Before we were thrown to 1970 everytime šŸ˜‰ ...

Note that I am not uploading a new system.img because I somehow cannot get Bluetooth to work reliably and I am looking into this now. Also I am waiting for the next installer release still, so unfortunately still no installable image.