Cant sync google account
just bought a oneplus one for reinstall ubtouch, and when i want to add my google account, it says it can t connect due to the fact that the browser used it not secure.
how can i sync my google account?
thx for your help
stanwood last edited by stanwood
It's a known issue currently.
It should be fixed in next OTA-14.
In the meantime, you can try this workaround: (worked perfectly well for me as well as dozen users)
. Start to enable the access of "less secured apps" in your Google account. Than run as following:
- From your device, download this plugin: https://github.com/rubencarneiro/account-plugins/releases
- Open the terminal application (tap on ENTER key after each following command)
- Type: cd Downloads
- Type: sudo -s
- Type: sudo mount -o remount,rw /
- Type: sudo dpkg -i account-plugin-google_0.15.0ubports1local.1586944513_all.deb
- Type: cd
- Type: exit
- Reboot your device
- Open settings => accounts => select Google
- Enter your e-mail address
- Enter your password
- Without enlarging the screen with your fingers, select: "Allow all actions"
Here you should be well connected to your Google account, which will automatically sync your calendar & contacts on your device
Thxx a lot,
But i will wait for the ota
Thank you for your time
any update if that bug has been fixed in curent release?
thxx a lot
stanwood last edited by
However, the previously mentioned .deb file plugin works like a charm