Call for testing: Samsung S3 Neo (s3ve3g) owners
@zenfunk Ohhh thats very old! The continous release is not working anymore it seems. Can you please try to clone the code instead directly? Have you got experience with git?
Funny, I just did this.
The -p ut option works now. dmesg output is:
[ 9620.086869] usb 2-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 20 using ehci-pci [ 9620.200193] usb 2-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=18d1, idProduct=d001, bcdDevice= 2.28 [ 9620.200199] usb 2-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 [ 9620.200203] usb 2-1.2: Product: SAMSUNG_Android [ 9620.200206] usb 2-1.2: Manufacturer: SAMSUNG [ 9620.200210] usb 2-1.2: SerialNumber: Halium initrd Debug telnet on port 23 on rndis0 192.168.2.15 - also running udhcpd [ 9620.207225] rndis_host 2-1.2:1.0 eth0: register 'rndis_host' at usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.2, RNDIS device, 00:00:00:00:00:00 [ 9620.250120] rndis_host 2-1.2:1.0 enp0s29u1u2: renamed from eth0 chris@funkbook:~$ ssh firstname.lastname@example.org ssh: connect to host 192.168.2.15 port 22: Network is unreachable
On reboots I don't even get the RNDIS device.
Will start over...
I tried again with an 5.1 Android, used the cloned installer, used your heimdall, and now I don't even get to the ubuntu boot screen.
No clue what to do next.
used the cloned installer, used your heimdall, and now I don't even get to the ubuntu boot screen.
Hmm sounds weird. what does dmesg say
[14506.583270] usb 2-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 41 using ehci-pci [14506.691529] usb 2-1.2: no configurations [14506.691542] usb 2-1.2: can't read configurations, error -22 [14506.779122] usb 2-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 42 using ehci-pci [14507.079205] usb 2-1.2: device descriptor read/64, error -71 [14507.297126] usb 2-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=18d1, idProduct=d001, bcdDevice= 2.28 [14507.297133] usb 2-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 [14507.297137] usb 2-1.2: Product: SAMSUNG_Android [14507.297140] usb 2-1.2: Manufacturer: SAMSUNG [14507.297143] usb 2-1.2: SerialNumber: halium-initrd [14507.301658] rndis_host 2-1.2:1.0 eth0: register 'rndis_host' at usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.2, RNDIS device, 00:00:00:00:00:00 [14507.362236] rndis_host 2-1.2:1.0 enp0s29u1u2: renamed from eth0
@zenfunk Looks like now we are kinda stuck with the init. Can you send me again cmdline you used for halium-install?
I just found out that I linked the wrong halium-install release, in case you dont want to clone. Please use only this: https://github.com/JBBgameich/halium-install/releases
OK, I slept it over and also think that there is something wrong with halium-install.
I clone the script from git, put all the imagefiles in this folder and run:
./halium-install -p ut ubports-touch.rootfs-xenial-armhf.tar.gz system.img
Of course halium-install is not installed system whide that is why I have to use the ./ . I now think that there might be the culprit since your instructions don't use it.
When I use make, it gives me a script called halium-install-standalone.sh in a local bin folder which cannot be installed (no "make install" available). When I run hte standalone script it exits with an error BTW. I found no instructions about how to install the current halium- install system wide. I am sure chucking the script in /usr/bin won't do it :).
Your link ( https://github.com/JBBgameich/halium-install/releases) gets me to a page where I don't see any link to download stuff, what am I missing?Edit: found it, it is under Assets.
@zenfunk Ok seems standalone is broken a bit - I will remove the instructions to use it. Note that there is no option to install it systemwide, so its just a convenient way to not use git for cloning.
So please do only use the git clone method
With standalone I don't mean the zipped version. When you do "make" in the cloned folder a script gets creeated that is called halium-install-standalone.sh and that doesn't work.
With systemwide I meant that you seem to have your halium install script in your $PATH since you don't have a ./ in front of your "halium-install" command (if you have, your instructions are wrong).
I used the git clone files and they do not work on my setup (see the four last posts).