is a copy paste possible?
I don't find how to copy paste from UT app to waydroid app.
Exemple : copy url from morph-browser to past it in signal
Is it possible?
arubislander last edited by
@phiibuntu No, there is no shared clipboard (yet?) between Waydroid and Ubuntu Touch.
TotalSonic last edited by
@phiibuntu - apparently you can try to mount a shared folder between UT & Waydroid - but it will not persist after reboots or updates.
If you want to test this, run in Terminal:
- mkdir -p /home/phablet/WaydroidHome
- chown phablet:phablet /home/phablet/WaydroidHome
- chmod -R 755 /home/phablet/WaydroidHome
- sudo chmod -R 777 ~/.local/share/waydroid/data/media/0
- sudo mount --bind ~/.local/share/waydroid/data/media/0 /home/phablet/WaydroidHome
@phiibuntu a workaround i'm using to copy files and text between ubuntu touch and waydroid is to install k9 mail in waydroid and set to use smtp with a spare email address that I also configure in dekko.
Then i can email to myself from either environment and the email also appears in the other environment.
Theres a 20mb file size limit in emails. If you install 'ftp server free' in waydroid (from f-droid) with anonymous access enabled you can retrieve files of any size from waydroid using the ubuntu touch browser pointing at the ftp server address. I haven't tried but accessing a UT ftp server from waydroid may work in the opposite direction.
Also while The UT file manager app can't navigate to the waydroid data folder, a UT terminal can access waydroid folders, e.g to list your waydroid folders:
sudo ls ~/.local/share/waydroid/data/media/0
The Downloads folder etc are all in there, so to copy a file like an installer called myfile.apk from your UT Downloads folder to the waydroid download folder open a UT terminal and enter for example:
sudo cp myfile.apk ~/.local/share/waydroid/data/media/0/Download
Launching the UT file manager from a terminal in SU mode may well make moving files very easy. I'm just not sure what the UT file manager app is called yet.
saidevlinx1939 last edited by saidevlinx1939
@treebeard Now i can copy files from ubuntuTouch to waydroid...
But how to copy waydroid files to UT?
@saidevlinx1939 The workaround I've found easiest is:
- install 'ftp server free' in waydroid (from the f-droid app store)
- launch 'ftp server free' and tick 'anonymous access'
- the URL to access the ftp server should be displayed.
- switch to ubuntu touch, and open the web browser
- visit the ftp server URL
- bookmark it for future use
- click on the file link you want to download to ubuntu touch.
- It will download as soon as you click on it.
- go back to waydroid and stop your ftp app.
If you prefer the command line, you should be able to do the reverse of the 'copy to waydroid' command to copy from waydroid:
- In waydroid place the file to be copied to UT in the 'Download' folder
- Open a UT terminal and enter for example:
sudo cp ~/.local/share/waydroid/data/media/0/Download/myfile.apk myfile.apk
- The file should now be in your UT Downloads folder