Build docviewer with libreoffice support for xenial



  • while pdf files should already work, it was not yet possible to build a docviewer packages with libreoffice support.
    I wanted to post the steps I already did and the results



  • Here some screenshots to the steps described in https://github.com/ubports/docviewer-app/pull/25

    If you uncomment the line "#INSTALL( DIRECTORY ${UPSTREAM_LIBS_DIR}/opt/libreoffice/lib/libreoffice/ DESTINATION ${DATA_DIR}lib/${ARCH_TRIPLET}/libreoffice )" in Click.cmake, you get a click package without libreoffice support (e.g. text and pdf files work).

    If you try to open an odt file, you get the message:
    0_1532933086926_817d8460-f142-4954-8189-316b7e3de512-image.png

    If you add (e.g. in a chroot environment with clickable --container-mode) libreoffice to the dependencies, and put the line " #INSTALL(DIRECTORY /usr/lib/libreoffice/ DESTINATION ${DATA_DIR}lib/${ARCH_TRIPLET}/libreoffice )" to the Click.cmake, you get an about 80MB click package.

    Again opening an example odt file, you now get:
    0_1532933299206_8fb63d12-50df-420a-a1eb-1f9e827182fd-image.png

    In the logviewer you see, for example:
    0_1532933418726_278dec83-9e5e-4966-a94e-bb0c58546ec9-image.png

    After adding the missing dependencies, at some point it was no longer complaining, the screen looked like:
    0_1532933511056_3b1ef51b-2db6-440a-a525-bd1897193ea8-image.png

    and the corresponding log:
    qml: Path of the document: /media/phablet/7873-B162/Documents/example.odt
    [FILE] Extracting information from the file...
    [FILE] Requested file mime type: QVariant(QString, "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text")
    [FILE] Path parsed as: "/media/phablet/7873-B162/Documents/example.odt"
    Loading document...
    LibreOffice binaries found at: "/opt/click.ubuntu.com/.click/users/phablet/com.ubuntu.docviewer/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libreoffice/program"
    LibreOffice profile path: "file:///home/phablet/.config/com.ubuntu.docviewer/libreoffice/4"
    Document loaded successfully !

    But at that point docviewer crashed. I will not have much time currently to look into that in more detail, but at least that is where I got on Saturday...



  • Yesterday I tried the same for the amd64 clickable container (adding the dependendies manually and run in desktop mode), and got:
    [FILE] Extracting information from the file...
    [FILE] Requested file mime type: QVariant(QString, "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text")
    [FILE] Path parsed as: "/tmp/Documents/hello.odt"
    Loading document...
    LibreOffice binaries found at: "/home/chris/git/docviewer-app/build/tmp/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libreoffice/program"
    LibreOffice profile path: "file:///tmp/.config/com.ubuntu.docviewer/libreoffice/4"
    Bootstrapping exception 'component context fails to supply singleton com.sun.star.configuration.theDefaultProvider of type com.sun.star.lang.XMultiServiceFactory'
    /home/chris/git/docviewer-app/build/tmp/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/bin/ubuntu-docviewer-app: line 5: 10 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ubuntu-docviewer-app


  • Infrastructure

    We got a working build now which will appear in Openstore until Friday or so. Thanks for your efforts! ;)



  • :) Excellent work @flohack!


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to UBports Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.