Installation on an Unlisted device

• I recently opened up an old and unsupported security panel. Would it be possible to install Ubuntu Touch with these specs:

Touchscreen
    Home Button
    ZWave (Not needed)
    Cellular Radio
    Camera
    Microphone
    8GB (Or 2GB, I forgot) RAM
    1 USB port (I don't know what level)

If it's possible, I'd like to install Ubuntu Touch to replace the outdated security OS

• Is the device currently running Android? Are the kernel source and device/vendor trees published for it?

If so, then it may be possible to build a port. If not, it's probably unlikely unless the hardware used is all usable with free software drivers already in the mainline kernel, and it will still be a difficult port to get working.

• No, it actually runs on a custom OS built by Vivint. I don't know if it's UNIX based, but the hardware does look visually similar to that in an Android (Camera, WiFi/BT. Not that they will work)

• Yeah, the hardware in all such embedded devices will "look" similar. But without any way to flash, boot, and drive the hardware, you won't get very far.

Looks like your connection to UBports Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.