Tutorial Overlays Make Device Inaccessable
I installed Ubuntu Touch on my old Oneplus One. I intend to use it as a linux server. The Touch screen on my device doesnt work, so i use a keyboard and mouse to work on it. The issue is i constantly run into this screen overlay "Long swipe from the left edge to open today scope". There is no way to dismiss it using the mouse or keyboard. Only thing that works is pressing the power button to wake it up again, but the overlay shows up after 1-2secs, this is super annoying and I'm not able to do anything with the device.
- Is there a way to dismiss the overlay from keyboard mouse?
- How can i permanently disable the tutorial screen overlays?
- Is there a CLI (Bash) only mode in Ubuntu Touch that i can use?
I found the solution
- Enable developer Options in Settings/About
- Connect Device to Laptop with ADB
- open adb shell
- run this command
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=com.canonical.PropertyService /com/canonical/PropertyService com.canonical.PropertyService.SetProperty string:edge boolean:false