Any news about m10hd "cooler" wifi-problem?

• Hi,
    i bought an new m10hd tablet (android), just to try out UT on tablet... I installed first old UT-image with flash-tool and then ota-10 (cooler) with installer. It's all fine - BUT: After boot or reboot there's is no wifi connection - I have to type the key again... It's a "no-go"!

It's obviously an old problem... But I don't find any solution... Is there meanwhile any solution?

Thank you very much!

Best regards!

Florian

• @1896er
    Did you use the flash tool
    You can wipe the nvram if you use the format option

• Look here for possible fix ,and explaination

XXX.skyneel .com
    ,Search for "nvram"
    If you get this fix to work , it will fail if you change from stable to RC , but it should stay with OTA updates

• I thought I should mention ,that I have been unable to get TWRP to work on my m10fhd
    For a long time ,via terminal or flash-tool ,it will only get to the start screen , sometimes it will get past that ,but fails
    Just fyi

• First step was to install old UT-firmware with flash-tool. I did it with "firmware upgrade" - not with (format all + download). Well, I'm not a technician, I think, it's too tricky for me, to wipe nvram... I'm unsure!

Now I'm reinstalling android to the m10. Maybe I can start the steps again...

How can I wipe the nvram with the format option? I need some help and steps...

Thank you very much!

Florian

• Back to Android (8.1.0) there are no problems with wifi connection... (after boot or reboot)...

• Should I install TWRP on android now? And then try to fix the nvram error with the steps from XXX.skyneel .com? And then install UT again? First old version with flash tool, then ota10 stable with installer?

Or even flash tool with wipe nvram (don't know, how I got it..., need some help)

This are two different ways? I think about the right (best) way...

Thank you and best regards!

• I did first step (without any change) again: Flashed with flash-tool the old UT-image. It ist 15.04 OTA-13. And here's the same problem: Wifi lost after boot or reboot.

• How can I detect, if there's any hardware broken? In principle I could send the device back to amaz... But make it sense to get a new one? This was already a new one...

• Seems to be a solution here:

https://github.com/ubports/ubuntu-touch/issues/1040#issuecomment-462430574

Can anybody explain me the two "easy steps", please? The two needed files are already on my ubuntu-pc. Need a little step - by - step help for the following to do (in terminal?)...

• No progress in this case...

I need little step-by-step help in this questions:

1. Hardware issue or software bug?
    2. How can I get a solution?

Sorry, I'm not a technician but only an interested user. I know, this is not the best precondition for using UT, but I like it very much and I want to use it not only on my Nexus 5 but also on M10 HD... (with no wifi problem if possible...)

Thank you!

• @1896er You need to put your tablet in rw mode with tweek-tool. From the tablet's terminal you need to become root with the command sudo -i . You move those files from the SD to their folder with the command mv. You change the files permissions with the command chmod 755 .

• @simox
    I need to fix my nvram,as you describe here. ( wifi / custom wifi folders)
    Could you give a more detailed description,of using terminal.
    I mean how to fill in the gaps between. Sudo -i mv chmod755
    Assuming I put the folders,on root of device,or in the download folder.
    I have used twrp to flash the fix before, but twrp freezes up on me now.

Is it easier to do this from my PC via " adb shell "

Thanks Colin