Importing 2FA keys

• Is there a way to easily import keys for either 2FA Manager or Authenticator NG ? On my old Mate 30 I was able to export the keys from FreeOTP+ to json format and move it over to my new Nexus 5 but I don't see an import option.

• There is currently no import feature in authenticator-ng, but you could write a script to convert the JSON format to the INI format used, and concatenate it to the ~/.config/authenticator-ng.dobey/authenticator.conf file.

Replace each {part} with the appropriate part in the data below, for each account:

[%7B{uuid}%7D]
    account={account_name}
    counter={counter_value}
    pinLength={pin_length}
    secret={secret_key}
    timeStep={time_step}
    type={type}

Generally speaking, {pin_length} will probably always be 6 and {time_step} will probably always be 30. If you have a script that converts the JSON to this format for each account, and puts them in a file with a blank line between each entry, it should work in Authenticator NG.

• 2FA Manager doesn't have an import option yet but it's a feature that could be added soon 🙂

• @PublicLewdness said in Importing 2FA keys:

I was able to export the keys from FreeOTP+ to json format

Do you get a json file per key?

• @PublicLewdness I have just updated 2FA manager and now you should be able to import keys from json or txt files from FreeOTP+