SOLVED: Clickable create failing

• Hello,
    I'm wondering whether the following issue is worth reporting or it's just an issue on my end.
    On CentOS 7 clickable create ends with the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/h134607/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/clickable/__init__.py", line 253, in main
        clickable.run(args.commands, args)
      File "/home/h134607/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/clickable/__init__.py", line 237, in run
        cmd.run(command_arg)
      File "/home/h134607/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/clickable/commands/create.py", line 52, in run
        config_file=config_file,
      File "/home/h134607/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cookiecutter/main.py", line 63, in cookiecutter
        password=password
      File "/home/h134607/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cookiecutter/repository.py", line 103, in determine_repo_dir
        no_input=no_input,
      File "/home/h134607/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cookiecutter/vcs.py", line 99, in clone
        stderr=subprocess.STDOUT,
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 356, in check_output
        **kwargs).stdout
      File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 438, in run
        output=stdout, stderr=stderr)
    subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['git', 'clone', 'https://gitlab.com/clickable/ut-app-meta-template']' returned non-zero exit status 128.

After I appended the .git suffix to the value of COOKIECUTTER_URL in file ~/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/clickable/commands/create.py it started working.

• Sounds like a bug to me. If you file an issue and create a pull request with your change, I am sure the maintainers and all developers on your version of CentOS would be highly appreciative.

• Thanks,
    It turned out that it is a Git related issue (older versions require the .git suffix).
    I created the issue:
    https://gitlab.com/clickable/clickable/issues/202
    How do I move on with the fix? I can't create a branch on the server and I can't push my local branch to the server either? Do I need to wait for the repo owner to approve the issue first?

• Assuming you have a gitlab account (and I think you do, since you opened the issue), you could:

• fork the repo to your account,
    • clone that to your local machine,
    • apply your fix on your local copy,
    • commit and push to your copy of the repo,
    • open a merge request (MR) from your repo to the original one,

Then you have to wait for your MR to be accepted. Usually Brian is quite quick on the uptake.

• In the meantime Brian fixed it and closed the issue 🙂
    Thanks anyway, I didn't know that merge request between repos is a thing.