Axolotl Problems on OPO
some days ago i installed Axolotl on my OPO ( 16.04, OTA15, stable) and have some Problems to the extend that it is unusable.
First the things that work on the OPO:
- i am successfully registered
- i added one contact manually and send and receive messages with this contact
- another person contacted me via Signal and i can answer
- i installed Signal on my PC ( Kubuntu 20.04)
- i successfull added the PC as device in Axolotl
Now the Problems:
- one contact (of course registered) is added, but messages are marked with an triangle and exclamation mark. I am not able to send or receive messages with this contact
- i cannot create a group. I can add contacts to a new group, but after entering an Name for this group, when choosing „create group“ the Name is deleted and no group is added. Sometimes Axolotl shifts to the contact list.
- when i try to import contacts on the PC Axolotl crashes. After that Axolotl crashes several times when i try to start new.
- after reinstalling sending/receiving is impossible (see below)
After deinstalling, then deleting cache and config with UT Tweak and reinstalling ( now 0.9.4, before 0.9.3. ) the Problems are still the same, but in addition i cannot send messages to the contacts that worked before...
Is there a way to get it started?
Fla last edited by
Hello @nutzernam and thank you for taking time to write this message.
OpenWhishperSystem (the foundation behind Signal) is currently pushing a lot of refactoring. So basically, new groups and new contacts aren't supported. Even if we saw that coming, we just haven't the resources to follow their speed right now. We're doing our best but expect Axolotl to be partially broken in the next weeks, which is a shame as it's the moment where many users are joining Signal. If you know golang, or know anybody who does, please join the Telegram group at https://t.me/axolotl_dev and give us an hand.
Hi @fla ,
thank you for your fast response! At least i dont have be angry about stupid mistakes made by me...
After updating to 0.9.5. and de- and reinstalling Signal on my Laptop some things are working:
First i saw that it was (!) possible to send and receive on the OPO.
So i reinstalled Signal-Desktop, before i had deleted (purge signal-desktop) it on my Laptop. After reinstalling suddenly the contacts and a group, created on my OPO appeared. Sending and receiving on the Desktop works, but:
unfortunally Axolotl now chrashes every time i trie to start it on the OPO...
Suddenly several Messages, written on the Desktop-Signal, occured on the OPO, now it works.
So far no more crashes.
The last mystery: On the OPO is now an old Test-Group with an Icon like a single contact ( just a letter) not like the "Group-Icon".
Fla last edited by
@nutzernam We published a 0.9.6 a few hours ago with some fixes, please use that version. There still is a lot of work to do.
@fla yes, maybe there is still a lot work to do, but a lot of work is done already! Many thanks to all the kind persons who are making this possible!
Moem last edited by