Detailed procedure for FluffyChat Encryption via Pantalaimon
I wanted to post this step by step procedure of how I got FluffyChat Encryption via Pantalaimon. I just needed some simple instructions on how to get this working and this is what worked for me.
- I went to this site - https://thrrgilag.net/
- I clicked on the top post entitled 'pantalaimon-ut 0.4.0, scrolled to the end of the post and and downloaded the click app for my build of UT. I am on the armhf version instead of arm64
- Once the click app has been downloaded, I clicked on it and opened it with the UT App Store, and selected install.
- Once the app is installed, I opened Pantalaimon from the drawer and selected 'Add homeserver'.
- It pretty much filled out all the fields for the matrix.org account and enabled the app to run at startup. Make sure the process is running at this stage
- Open up FluffyChat, go to the settings page and logout.
- Log back in to FC, click on the hamburger menu, select 'Change homeserver', select Pantalaimon as the server - this will change the servername to 127.0.0.1:8009, and your usual username [@username:matrix.org] and password.
- When you now try to send an encrypted message it will ask you to verify the client. It is currently not possible to do this via a popup on FluffyChat. I needed to go into the Element Desktop App -> Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Click on the green link 'verify them in your User Profile'. Select pantalaimon from the list on the right and verify via text.
Any idea how to perform step 8 on desktop app running linux? Not able to verify encryption mentioned in step 8, there is no option for "verify them in your User Profile" in the app.