SOLVED Cannot get UBports to install...
Hi all, I cannot get UBports to install onto my newly acquired s3 Neo: (GT-i19301L). I have confirmed it is the correct model and have followed the steps, but it either comes up with an error - failed to access device libusb error 12 (on windows 10 0.8.8-beta installer). So tried it on my Ubuntu box and got further, it would install "firmware" and then hang at waiting for adb device. Checking adb, it appears there, but as an Samsung S2 (model GT-I9300) and it also appears as expected on the USB devices. Is there any work round for this (it is a pain restoring it to stock Android). Oh I have a strong dislike of Samsung phones, a veritable pain to repair, lots of boot loops, but I digress as i would like to see UBports on a Samsung phone.
The next day, I have got UBports installed. Using the following steps:
- Make sure it is on the latest stock Android ROM
- Enable USB debugging in developer options
- Using a Linux Machine (Ubuntu 21.04 in my case) install Heimdall
- Install and run Android Studio - it is important to run it to install the latest fastboot/adb drivers
- Close Android studio down
- Open up UBports installer (mine was latest 0.8.8-beta), but NOT from the command line - it failed every time I launched it from the command line, so launch it from the launcher
- Follow the instructions and be very patient
Voila, it has installed and is working. Rear camera isn't, but front camera is. I will carry on testing and would really like to thank all who are working on this development.
Moem last edited by
Congratulations on getting Ubuntu Touch installed!
(UBports is not the OS, it's the foundation that makes it possible.)
Lakotaubp last edited by
If you could please mark as solved Thanks https://forums.ubports.com/topic/6311/how-to-ask-a-question-and-then-mark-it-as-solved
MrT10001 last edited by MrT10001
@lakotaubp Done. Not as straightforward to install as the Nexus 4 and 5. My bad, I should say Ubuntu Touch.
@moem Thank you, must admit bit trickier to install than some of the other phones. My bad, should have said ubuntu touch.
Moem last edited by