the Days with UBTouch and my MI A"
For a long time, the dependence on Microsoft, Google, Apple, Samsung, Amazon, Facebook & Co has really gone against the grain.
I looked for an alternative to all the madness and entered worlds of which I had no knowledge of the existence of which I had no knowledge before. A world full of innovations, knowledge, technology, but also full of pitfalls – but ...... Totally interesting
I took out my old smartphones and played Lineage (Samsung A3-2016), e /os (Poco F1) and now most recently Ubunto Touch (Mi A2).
Lineage and e /os work flawlessly; googled – but otherwise with all the functions I need for my everyday life.
I have been maintaining UBtouch on my Mi A2 for several months. A really very interesting OS with great approaches, which you look for in vain with Lineage or e/ os. Unfortunately, but also with many errors, not suitable functions and also a few ...."does not work".
- Offline charging: As soon as I connect the charging cable, a charging sign appears for about 15 seconds, but then the display jumps to "FASTBOOT". The device is charging, but this display does not seem to me to be correct here.
- Camera: Basically, it is possible to take photos. But often really blurred and often the camera just hangs up. I have already tried to reduce the resolution. Without success. Viedos are almost never possible.
- "Share" Example: Share photo via "DeKKo2". From the photo on "share" with DeKKo2, Dekko2 is started ..... but there is no new eMail with attachment to be found
- Address book: Setting options are actually not available ... z.B. Display last name first. Determining a route via the address book is not even offered.
- Navigation/Location: I have now understood that GPS is probably still a problem. But waiting 20 minutes for the first contact and 5 minutes every time you start, that's just too long for daily use (e.B. navigation in the city). Using your own location for "Weather", "Camera" or "Browser" also does not work.
- Sending messages: Often there are a good 15 minutes between receiving the same message on my e /os and my UbTouch; the settings and the network operator are identical on both devices. I don't know why that might be.
Maybe someone might help me with my problems with Ubtouch.