Trying to install on Nexus 4
larshenric last edited by larshenric
I'm new to this and my english isn't good. After years using Ubuntu on my laptop I now tried to install U-Touch on my nexus 4, but I only get to "Ubports Recovery". How do I have to go on from there?
Thanks in advance for every help!
Edit: I managed to reinstall Android (following this page: https://docs.ubuntu.com/phone/en/devices/reinstalling-android)
But that's not what I wanted...
I'll go on trying to get UT on my phone...
demokrit last edited by demokrit
how often have you tried installing? I had this issue once with my Nexus 4 and just had to do the installtion 2 or 3 times and then it worked.... As far as i remember, when it rebooted to recovery, in the terminal that you started the flashing it should say something about writing stuff it downloaded before...
Also maybe try a second USB cable and don't move your Laptop/Phone while the whole process. I've heard of a few people with problems because of faulty cables...
Btw, you can do the following: If you only reach the Ubports Recovery, you just do the flash command without the
--bootstrapand it should work from there. So assuming you are in recovery and have the cable plugged in an d the terminal open run
sudo ubuntu-device-flash --server=http://system-image.ubports.com touch --device=mako \ --channel=15.04/devel
Ah and one last thin; don't get worried the process will be
- White background with 3 orange dots
- Black Background with Google Logo
- Orange Background with Ubuntu Touch slogan
and all of them will seem to take for ever
Best of luck to you for the next time you try
larshenric last edited by
Thank you very much for replying! At the end I found a post in the forum where the "magic-device-tool" was mentioned. Tried that, and: Working!
cheniek last edited by
@larshenric Hi, do You still use Nexus 4 with Ubuntu Touch? How is it? I installed it 3 day ago and I can see that it is quite nice system with some of critical "but"s:
- It takes too long for some even basing apps to open/load (for example app Phone loads for up to 4 sec.); in the phone with 2GB of RAM and quad core processor it is unacceptable,
- lack of some options which are available in android and other operating systems (ex. Sailfish, Firefox), for ex. option show/hide my number on outgoing calls, and many many other of course
- battery life is absolutely not enough, it lasts in half a day with not a lot of use (a couple of calls, couple of messages and set some of phone options). Have You found any tips/tricks to expand a battery life?
What are Your general impressions?