Trying to install on Nexus 4
larshenric last edited by larshenric
I'm new to this and my english isn't good. After years using Ubuntu on my laptop I now tried to install U-Touch on my nexus 4, but I only get to "Ubports Recovery". How do I have to go on from there?
Thanks in advance for every help! :-)
Edit: I managed to reinstall Android (following this page: https://docs.ubuntu.com/phone/en/devices/reinstalling-android)
But that's not what I wanted... :-(
I'll go on trying to get UT on my phone... ;-)
demokrit last edited by demokrit
how often have you tried installing? I had this issue once with my Nexus 4 and just had to do the installtion 2 or 3 times and then it worked.... As far as i remember, when it rebooted to recovery, in the terminal that you started the flashing it should say something about writing stuff it downloaded before...
Also maybe try a second USB cable and don't move your Laptop/Phone while the whole process. I've heard of a few people with problems because of faulty cables...
Btw, you can do the following: If you only reach the Ubports Recovery, you just do the flash command without the
--bootstrapand it should work from there. So assuming you are in recovery and have the cable plugged in an d the terminal open run
sudo ubuntu-device-flash --server=http://system-image.ubports.com touch --device=mako \ --channel=15.04/devel
Ah and one last thin; don't get worried the process will be
- White background with 3 orange dots
- Black Background with Google Logo
- Orange Background with Ubuntu Touch slogan
and all of them will seem to take for ever ;-P
Best of luck to you for the next time you try :-)
larshenric last edited by
Thank you very much for replying! At the end I found a post in the forum where the "magic-device-tool" was mentioned. Tried that, and: Working! :-)
cheniek last edited by
@larshenric Hi, do You still use Nexus 4 with Ubuntu Touch? How is it? I installed it 3 day ago and I can see that it is quite nice system with some of critical "but"s:
- It takes too long for some even basing apps to open/load (for example app Phone loads for up to 4 sec.); in the phone with 2GB of RAM and quad core processor it is unacceptable,
- lack of some options which are available in android and other operating systems (ex. Sailfish, Firefox), for ex. option show/hide my number on outgoing calls, and many many other of course
- battery life is absolutely not enough, it lasts in half a day with not a lot of use (a couple of calls, couple of messages and set some of phone options). Have You found any tips/tricks to expand a battery life?
What are Your general impressions?