Port to Xiaomi Mi5s Plus (Natrium)

• Last Update: 27/06/18

Porting for Natrium is in progress, i hope the first build will be ready soon

I restarted my work some days ago, after stoping it months ago, with the new rootfs ssh connection doesn't work anymore :/ Hope i can make it work
    Please leave a message if you like to test it (as soon as ready...) or ask for more informations ;)

I'm working with the Ubports rootfs, ssh connection works, stuck at bootloader screen

What works:

• Everything is build, testing started
    • ssh
    • Vibrator
    • Lights

What doesn't work:

• Sound
    • Graphic
    • Audio
    • The rest ;)

Some Pictures :

0_1515432744941_Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-01-08 18-31-27.png

• Let's start the tests.

• @bluekenny great!

• After 2 weeks it makes little but great progress :)

• This post is deleted!

• Hey, I 'm also trying to port to this device, and I just saw this thread. I'm having the same issues as you - did you ever get the graphics working?

• Cool, but bad news, our device is a CAF device and need a special version of mir but at the moment there is no more ppa with a working version... I m waiting on a official answer for this, I think it will be foxed after ota 4, hope so

• @bluekenny I think that's a different issue. KDE Plasma Mobile has a special CAF rootfs, and graphics don't work on that either.

• So it is eventuelly a libhybris problem ? I'm in Holiday now for two weeks, so i can't help at the moment

THe android container ist running, all partition are mounted and every thin look, on my port it shows that i can't find the right driver as the loading of the driver failed in a C/C++ file error, if can search the log file if you don't have this error

PS sorry for this bad description :D

• @bluekenny I got KDE Plasma Mobile working with this kernel patch! I think Ubuntu Touch is broken with Halium 7.1, and CAF devices atm, though.

To merge the patch, cd into the kernel directory, and run curl https://github.com/Halium/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996/commit/3e019b8700b36aef379846a748e3a447a8c3dbe7.patch | patch -p1

Looks like your connection to UBports Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.