Some Apps fails to open
I'm having some issues with some Desktop Apps and Libertine, they are explained below.
The Apps are:
- Dia (Crashes right after displaying the splash screen, but I made it to open with QTerminal, it opens replacing the terminal window. Can't use this solution because of dependency conflicts with other packages in the same container, with QTerminal)
- GPRename (I neither have the icon)
- WinFF (Its window is smaller than the screen and the remainder flashes various colours randomly and very quickly)
- Audacity (Crashes after displaying the splash screen)
- HTTraQT (Loads forever)
- qBittorrent (Loads forever)
Please, help me. Where can I look for informations about potential issues sources, on my system?
Thanks for any help, regards.
Have a nice day
Libertine is full of issues and not really advisable to use for GUI apps. Unfortunately, it hasn't really maintained that much since Canonical dropped the project. Focal will bring improvements such using xwayland instead of the basically dead xmir however it'll still probably take time and love to actually make it a viable way to use desktop apps.
@kugiigi Ok, so I'll wait and see how these Apps will behave on Focal, as soon as it gets mature some more.
Thanks for your advice