@Leppa I want to move the trigger from the space bar because it's not available on every layout such as emoji and japanese layout.
My first UT device is a Nexus 7 2013 which I bought specifically for installing UT.
I bought a bq E5 HD Ubuntu Edition and had it brought from Europe to the Philippines through a friend.
I bought a second hand Nexus 5 which has Android, Sailfish OS, UTs (depending on my mood) made possible with multirom.
I developed and published 3 great (self-recognition) apps in the OpenStore named Talaan, Tagatuos, Palitan and Pesbuk.
I mainly develop my apps directly on my Nexus 5 via X-Forwarding using Qt Creator/Geany and clickable.
I've recently been involved in OS bug fixing (one-liners :D) and some OSK enhancements such as the theme support.
Posts made by kugiigi
RE: OSK Enhancements Proposals
I'm doing some kind of an experiment here.
I know this looks familiar....ehem iOS and Android
But this one's only in the keyboard though.
Serves as a visual hint for a bottom swipe to open cursor mover mode and horizontal swipes for switching between keyboard layouts/languages.
Perhaps other functions for press and press & hold.
What do you think? It takes some spaces from the keyboard but it's quite minimal
RE: Using apt to install package
@Aurze If you really want this, you can resize your rootfs. There's command somewhere here in the forum.
But beware that is isn't supported and an OTA update may make your device non-bootable. A reflash will most likely revivie your device though but everything you did in your rootfs will be gone.
As Rodney said, UT isn't like a traditional linux PC. It is still a phone
RE: OSK Enhancements Proposals
So the OSK theme landed a few OTAs back. Awesome right?!
And now I'm back with my OSK works....finally!....specifically with the advanced text functionalities in the OSK.
I've prototyped and demoed this almost half a year ago but now I want to make it "PR-ready".
So once I get satisfied, I will propose this officially.
List of changes and additional features
- Added audio and haptic feedback to the word ribbon (auto suggest bar)
- Temporary fix for the issue where cursor mover isn't working correctly in QtWebEngine text fields such as in the Morph Browser (some trade-offs to fix this temporarily)
- Horizontal movement in the cursor mover will now move vertically once the start/end of line is reached. I'm not sure how this really affects the experience but it was definitely implemented like that before for a reason. (a trade-off for the issue above)
- A new way to trigger the cursor mover mode (bottom swipe). This is available anywhere in the OSK so regardless of the layout or type, you can now trigger it. Press and hold in the space bar is still available.
- Implemented text manipulation features which are available in a top bar that shows up when in cursor mover mode.
- Select All
- Implemented text selection mode (no timeout, needs manually exiting)
- While in cursor mover mode, double tap/click to enter selection mode. You can also immediately select texts by double tapping then swiping immediately without lifting your finger.
- Word Selection: Double tap while in cursor mover mode without swiping [Disabled for now to fix QtWebEngine issue]
- Added floating buttons in cursor mover mode
- Move cursor to the start/end of line or document
- They can also be used in conjunction with the selection mode!
- Done button: Used to end selection mode and/or cursor mover mode
- Changed timeout of cursor mover mode to 5 seconds (experimental)
The new toolbar buttons and floating buttons sometimes retain their previous color when changing OSK theme.
FIXED: Just needed to bind the colors
Start of line/documentbutton from the floating buttons while in selection mode doesn't select texts. I'm not really sure why.
FIXED: Stupid mistake by me....it worked in my first branch and just had a mistake with this new branch
The bottom swipe trigger might be difficult to trigger in landscape mode especially for devices with protrusion on the sides/bezels especially those with cases.
Please feel free to try it out from the git branch linked below. You'd need to use
crossbuilderto compile it and deploy to your device via ADB.
NOTE: BEWARE EDGE CHANNEL USERS. This won't work on edge because there's a separate branch for it which I don't have a modified fork yet. If there's plenty of interested then I might consider
Suggestions and feedback will also be greatly appreciated especially on the design
RE: Web browser in landscape mode is split with list of apps
I don't know why you don't know what happened because I'm pretty sure you did that
Drag the browser with 3 finger to the left
RE: Can BQ E5 be connected to external display?
Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment.
It doesn't support wried solution for external displays.
Theoretically, it should support wireless display however the current implementation in UT does not work on this device.
I don't want to discourage you but to be honest, I don't think the experience would be good anyway if it does work.
bq E5 only has 1GB of RAM which is already a bit struggling in phone mode.