Librem 5 Phone, progress reports
- January 16, 2018 https://puri.sm/posts/librem-5-phone-progress-report-the-first-of-many-more-to-come/
- January 24, 2018 https://puri.sm/posts/librem5-progress-report-2/
- February 2, 2018 https://puri.sm/posts/librem5-progress-report-3/
- February 7, 2018 : Designing the Mobile Experience with Convergence in Mind
- February 8, 2018: Librem 5 Phone Progress Report
- February 23, 2018: Design report #3: designing the UI Shell, part 2
- March 3, 2018: Librem 5 puzzle pieces starting to come together—graphics, adaptive applications, docs and SDK
- March 10, 2018: Design report #4: symbiotic applications
- March 13, 2018, Initial Plasma Mobile enablement on Librem 5 i.MX 6 test boards
- April 11, 2018, Initial Developer Documentation for the Librem 5 Phone Platform
- May 18, 2018, Introducing Calls on the Librem 5
- May 21, 2018, Last Call for Librem 5 Dev Kit: order yours before June 1st 2018
- September 4, 2018 Progress update from the Librem 5 hardware department
- September 4, 2018 Librem 5, the world’s first ethical, user-controlled smartphone, makes steady progress for initial shipping beginning April 2019
- November 9, 2018 Librem 5 Development Kits: we are getting there!
- December 18, 2018, Librem 5 dev kits are shipping!
- January 9, 2019, End of Year Librem 5 Update
- February 21, 2019, Massive Progress, Exact CPU Selected & Minor Shipping Adjustment
- March 11, 2019, Lockdown Mode on the Librem 5: Beyond Hardware Kill Switches
2X. June 19, 2019, Librem 5 June Software Update
kalle.kruse last edited by
The way they explain convergence, unified UX over different platforms, etc. makes you wonder why they did not just choose Ubuntu Touch...
Thanks and now it's time for report 3
"Designing the Mobile Experience with Convergence in Mind". It may also interest someone here.
There was another one: https://puri.sm/posts/librem5-progress-report-5/
@libremax just saying, in case you felt inclined to update this thread going forward, you'd sure have one thankful follower!
too lazy to subscribe or regularly check in with them on my own
Thanks, happy not being alone here in laziness
Seems to match some of Sailfish, UT, Google. "Swipe-based". Probably matches other OS' as well, I just don't know them well enough.
I'm not really sure where they are going with that though. If they want to use one of UT, Plasma, or Gnome, then the interaction will be defined by that project. Are they thinking about building their own shell/OS?!
They said the librem5 would come out with Plasma and Plasma mobile team was leading the development.
In a second step they would release the gnome version, and yes they are the leading team for the development of a new mobile gnome interface.
@libremax ah so its the design for gnome! makes sense. thanks for clarifying
@libremax Very interesting indeed. It also makes it clear that the UI designs are not for gnome but they do actually develop a shell themselves
Symbiotic applications, will the dream of unified communication come true ?
gnu-mobile last edited by
That "Web Key Directory" standard seems still to be based on the idea to require key servers, this time depending on the email providers.
The decentralized https://autocrypt.org standard is based on doing peer-to-peer key distribution instead, and is already available also --at specification level 1-- in Deltachat, K-9 Mail, Enigmail (Firebird) and others.
And today, plasma mobile on board
3arn0wl last edited by
@doniks I have to say, I do like this idea of producing a SBC with this chipset and GSM.
Added, thanks, with now the "last Call for Librem 5 Dev Kit: order yours before June 1st 2018"
Today two new posts from purism about Librem 5 whose launch is postponed to April 2019.