This is a port of Ubuntu Touch to Xiaomi Poco F1 (Beryllium).
- Mobile Data
What Doesn't Work Properly
- Dual Sim usage. Sometimes calls on sim 1 crash with dual sims. Best config is a single sim on slot 2.
- The wifi driver doesnt go into sleep mode leading to battery drain when left on for a long time.
- Overall Reliability. This is an early/initial effort to run linux on Poco F1. Expect lot of bugs.
You can track the overall porting status here : https://github.com/ubports-beryllium/projectmanagement/issues/20
Requires Unlocked Bootloader and Custom Recovery (TWRP recommended). Backup your files. We will be doing a clean installation.
- Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, System, Data.
- Download Android Pie firmware V22.214.171.124 from here and install it from twrp.
- Download and install Lineage-16.0 (Pie) from twrp.
- After installing lineageos, FORMAT DATA from twrp. (Your Internal Storage will be wiped)
- Download the latest UBports GSI image from here and copy it to your device and install the zip file from twrp.
- Download the latest halium-boot image from here
- You can copy it to device, and use "Install Image" option in twrp to install the halium-boot.img to the Boot partition.
You can use your computer to flash the halium boot image using fastboot.
- Reboot to the system. Ubuntu should boot.
- Both the default username and password is "phablet". You can change it later from terminal using
passwdcommand as in linux os.
- To install the proper camera app with fix, open the terminal app in the phone
OR connect your phone to the computer with USB and
and run the following commands (Internet Required)
wget https://static.peat-network.xyz/junk/ubports/com.ubuntu.camera_3.1.2+gstdroid3_armhf.click pkcon install-local --allow-untrusted com.ubuntu.camera_3.1.2+gstdroid3_armhf.click
Feel free to report issues here: Github. Do attach the below logs for debugging:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/system/lib64 lxc-attach -e -n android -- /system/bin/logcat
Hack, Have Fun and Peace!