Sorry to bother, first time trying anything like this, i just wanted a phone that isn't spying on me. Sorry I can't find any tutorial, any help? I need help using the Windows 10 Installer, this is the pathway I have followed a few times:
- I just bought a new Nexus 5 to run Ubuntu Touch on it as an everyday phone. I do a factory reset.
- I have clicked on "About Phone" and "Build Number" 7 times to give me developer access, and I have gone into "Developer Options" and enabled "USB Debugging".
- When I connect the USB cable I get a pop-up on the phone asking me if I want to allow USB debugging which I click "Always allow for this computer"
- I downloaded the windows 10 installer (ubports-installer_0.8.4-beta_win)
- The pop-ups in the Installer told me to install "Universal ADB driver" and "ADB driver" which I did. I closed and reopened the installer.
- the Installer perpetually says "Waiting for device", unless I click "Select device Manually", which does do something on the phone.
- with "Select device Manually" the device does a reboot into some kind of safe mode with a picture of a sleeping android.
- Upon phone shutdown it goes to a page with a big arrow pointing to the On/Off button (which if I press just loads google OS).
- If I leave the On/Off button alone then the installer perpetually says "flashing firmware" and never finishes
thank you for any help.
Am I missing any steps? When i get to step 8 should I press something else? If you can't specifically help can you at least point me to a good tutorial or youtube?