Nexus 5 replacement battery.

• The other week I read a post from Joerg on the Telegram supergroup, about replacing the battery in the Nexus 5 and thought I'd give it a go.
    The battery is a Polarcell Li-Polymer Akku LG Google Nexus 5 (item No 01000596) from Wannsee Electronic in Germany and cost £18.86 from ebay.
    Full instructions for changing the battery are on the web and it took me 45 mins. just watch out for the thin plastic casing round the sim card, and charging ports when removing the back cover.
    The new battery is now going from 100 to 7% in 20-21 hrs. I'm not a heavy user a few calls/texts a day, a little web browsing etc, but this is double what i was getting out of the old battery.
    So if you like your Nexus 5 you might find this worth the effort doing.

• @lakota I've done the same, but still unhappy with battery life. But, that is phone design an rather low capacity, high chipset demand. I wish the phone makers thought about that more than just claim '' our new phones are 50%more powerfull''. Maybe once we get a phone with a lasting battery :-)

Looks like your connection to UBports Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.