Problem with permisions debugging newapp



  • @josué stupid question (probably) but have you checked you have a working internet connection in your device?

    Edit: I've tested logviewer (both vivid & xenial versions) sending to pastebin right now, and it's working fine for me.



  • whatever, here is the log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/KWKhc86H8w/



  • @josué I fixed your 402 lines log 😉



  • @Josué did you fix your issue? Have you checked that everything you need for your app is inside the click package? Have you checked the path to the sound files?



  • nope, I tried with the tablet and the phone in 16.04 and with the tablet in 15.04. Same problem.
    I'll try to convert the files to ogg and check again 😕



  • Are you building your app with clickable? If so, after adding the required policy group, it isn't picked up without first doing clickable clean first.
    EDIT: Maybe the clickable clean is not necessary, even though it doesn't hurt. What does help though is to manually uninstall the old application from the device before building and deploying the new one.



  • Sorry i was busy last days.

    No, I made it with ubuntu-sdk.

    I tried something
    I converted the wav files to ogg files and i replaced the order SoundEfect to Audio.
    Now i can see something interesting in the log but I need help with it too, maybe both were related at all.
    As i Can in the click therre arent the sound files that i puted in the proyect

    0_1534845835496_e1e80fcf-b7fa-4052-8134-43699a5813bd-image.png

    I also don't know why it happens 😕



  • @josué I fixed your image 🙂



  • @josué said in Problem with permisions debugging newapp:

    No, I made it with ubuntu-sdk.
    I tried something
    I converted the wav files to ogg files and i replaced the order SoundEfect to Audio.
    Now i can see something interesting in the log but I need help with it too, maybe both were related at all.
    As i Can in the click therre arent the sound files that i puted in the proyect

    Right... I had the same problem with my app. I would add some (image in my case) files, and they would not be added to the click package.

    This is due to the way the SDK sets up its projects. And to get the files included requires editing some CMakeLists.txt files. The SDK makes one for each folder in your project. And if you add a new folder you have to make a corresponding CMakeList.txt too. Buy I never really understood the syntax used in those files.
    Clickable, on the other hand, sets up the project with just one CMakeList.txt file, in the projects root folder. Every new folder you add under that is automatically included in the click.

    So what I ended up doing for my project was:

    • Rename my old project folder
    • Create a new clickable project with clickable init with the same meta data (project name, maintainer, etc) as the old project.
    • Copy over all the files from the old folder that I need in my project
    • Build

    The added benefit is that you can open the project created by clickable in the SDK too(or at least you should be able to)



  • wow thanks for the info that will save me a lot of time investigating it. Now i'll try to use clickable in the next days...

    Thanks a lot.
    Advocatux, thanks for fixing my posts I didn't wanted to spam the thread just to say thanks xD



  • @josué no problem & you're welcome 🙂


Log in to reply