How to restart a failed install
I am new to flashing devices, so please explain in simple terms...
We tried installing Ubuntu Touch on two different Nexus 5.
Installing from Mac OS using the UBports installer.
Worked perfectly on one phone, but one of the installations failed.
I can not start Ubuntu Touch on the phone, but can get into UBports Recovery.
But the UBports installer can not see the device when it is in Recovery.
How to I fix this?
-I have just installed Linux on a computer, if linux is better for fixing this.
@Al hi, just put the phone in fastboot mode and try the installation again.
Please see the following as some sort of checklist that it's convenient to follow usually:
- Update the device to the latest official stock ROM (via OTA)
- Optional: Back up your data in that device
- Check that the device is not encrypted (do a factory reset if needed)
- Turn on developer mode & USB debugging
- Install the latest installer on your computer
- Check out that you have
fastboottools on your computer
- Be sure you have a good USB cable
- Start the installer and then plug the phone
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Have patience. The installation takes a while
- Enjoy your new UT device
N.B. Sometimes some installer version - package type combination works better than others
Btw you can find the latest Android official stock ROM for Nexus 5 at https://developers.google.com/android/images#hammerhead