WebRTC test fails with Morph browser, etc.

• I have PIA VPN working on my Nexus 5 and have been using the Morph browser, but the VPN only works with cell data. I edited the file created by the VPN in "/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections". The VPN worked immediately after this except only with cell data. The edit I did was from information I found on the UBports site. If I try to use an internet connection with wifi, the VPN fails in a few seconds. The cell data connection works fine, but fails the security check at a WebRTC test site. It reveals my local IP address. I use a plug in for Firefox on my Mac to disable WebRTC. DuckDuckGo has a browser, too, now and it works fine on my Mac. I haven't been able to get the free version of ProtonVPN to work at all on the Nexus 5. I contacted PIA about this and the information they keep sending me is general information that does not help. I contacted ProtonVPN and they said they are considering supporting Ubuntu Touch in the future, but there were no specific details. I like DuckDuckGo very much and have been using the search engine for years. The DuckDuckGo browser is easy and I may like it better than Firefox.

Has anyone found a way to disable WebRTC with Morph?

Purism told me that the Librem 5 is using Gnome Web and WebRTC is not supported at all in their browser. Is there any development on Gnome Web for Ubuntu Touch?

Has anyone found a way to use a VPN with the wifi connection?

I read that the Morph browser was being heavily developed. Are there any details on what it may look like in the future?

I like Ubuntu Touch and my Nexus 5. I have gotten compliments about the call quality. The "Launcher-modular" app from Open-Store configures the appearance of my apps, etc. with high quality. There was an incident a little while back that made me more interested in privacy and I also want to get away from the seemed "planned obsolescence" of phones. Thanks for the work involved in this phone.

• I use a little workaround solution that can be useful: on a UT phone with a SIM card, activate the vpn, activate the hotspot. Connect to this phone with a second UT phone (only wifi) or UT tablet. It's not a panacea, but it's all I found.
    As for a sharp and technical answer, I don't have the skills. But the question is good..

• @air409, Hello! Problem with openvpn in ubuntu touch is old. Someone dont want vpn in ubports firmware. Openvpn autentication in ubports only with 3 files, password not working. Best way for ubports in the future - wireguard. Ask support of ubports, when they make real working vpn? I think they just dont want.

• Thanks for the replies so far. I'll stay tuned for other replies if there is more information. If I can get a sound VPN working, I will post the solution here. Any other information that someone may have is welcome.

• The WebRTC test passes (no IP info given out) for certain servers with PIA VPN. There have been no connection issues. I used the VPN Editor app on Open Store and edited the system-connections file in Terminal as described elsewhere. The VPN still will not work with wifi, but I'm happy it works with the cell data part of the phone.