Pixel 3 (will 3a installer work?)
is it worth trying? or should I just start learning how to and create a new port? Both?
Flohack last edited by
@droddy No, please dont try, device images are device specific, and you would need a new port for this.
You can go to https://docs.ubports.com/en/latest/porting/index.html and start familiarizing yourself with how to port, things you will need:
- A desktop PC with Linux
- C and C++ skills, at least basic understanding of what a compiler + linker do
- How to configure a kernel, basic understanding of what it does and how its structured on disk
- Git and how to work with branches, patches, commits etc.
- Basic understanding of shell scripts, various config files
- Any Android knowledge helps a lot
@flohack Thanks! I have a lot of that but am missing probably the key essentials. Meh, I'll dive in head first and see how far I get.
Is this thread an alright place to ask for help with the port or should I look to another forum or start a new thread?
AppLee last edited by
You can ask here, it's fine.
And there is also a porting sub-forum where porters can help you.
I don't know which one will drag more readers able to help, but if it doesn't work here you can try and open a new thread in "Porting"