French Canadian Keyboard

• Hi,

There really is no rush for this but it would be nice to have a French Canadian keyboard on UT. I understand that we are not a big potential user base like France or Germany but we do use a different keyboard. France uses AZERTY, French Switzerland uses QWERTZ and we use QWERTY. There is over 7 million people in Canada speaking french and using this layout:

0_1515514956200_French Canadian keyboard.jpeg

I would do it but unfortunately I don't know how to code, yet. A QWERTY keyboard with french suggestions of words and french autocorrect and spell check would do the trick for me.

Thanks

• I'm also interested in an italian(it) keyboard...I'm really interested in some documentation/howto about make custom keyboard and Dictionary

• Infrastructure

Hi!

yes this is possible: Basically we need some new files as shown in this pull request: https://github.com/ubports/keyboard-component/pull/17 - then we can add a new keyboard.

BR Florian

• @flohack Thx!

So should I write a request on Github or is this considered a request? What kind of help or files can I provide?

(quite a beginner at this)

• Infrastructure

@jsnjhn Well you can file an issue on Github, but we need someone who does actually do the work ;) - You would need to install git on your machine, and you need a Github account too... I did not work on the keyboard at all, but maybe someone else can make a small writeup in which order these things should be done...

Br

Looks like your connection to UBports Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.