USB connection to my Pixel 3A not working.
USB connection to my Ubuntu Desktop and Laptop computers does not work anymore. Lsusb with my Pixel3A connected or not produces the same results. I'm on the stable channel of Xenial OTA 25. Has anybody encountered this problem before? This makes file transfer very difficult. I have tried the same with my old Aqaris E5HD also on Xenial OTA 25 stable. It connects without a problem and I can read and write files on this device. Thankful for any help.
@marlboro50 Are you running Xenial or Focal? Which update channel?
@arubislander thanks for your reminding me. I am on the stable channel of Xenial OTA 25. I had forgotten to mention it.
This post is deleted!
I have to say i'm on 16.04 dev branch and same here - so it's been for a while
Laptop running Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS with latest patches.
Pixel 3a XL running Ubuntu Touch 20.04 Development (20.04 r578).
lsusbshows the phone.
Looking in the kernel ring buffer using
dmesgshow the following when connecting the device.
[ 614.866393] usb 1-2: new full-speed USB device number 7 using xhci_hcd [ 614.994416] usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71 [ 615.438415] usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71 [ 615.674372] usb 1-2: new full-speed USB device number 8 using xhci_hcd [ 615.806351] usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71 [ 616.042397] usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71 [ 616.150711] usb usb1-port2: attempt power cycle [ 616.562364] usb 1-2: new full-speed USB device number 9 using xhci_hcd [ 616.562539] usb 1-2: Device not responding to setup address. [ 616.770503] usb 1-2: Device not responding to setup address. [ 616.978333] usb 1-2: device not accepting address 9, error -71 [ 617.110362] usb 1-2: new full-speed USB device number 10 using xhci_hcd [ 617.110520] usb 1-2: Device not responding to setup address. [ 617.318765] usb 1-2: Device not responding to setup address. [ 617.526334] usb 1-2: device not accepting address 10, error -71 [ 617.526404] usb usb1-port2: unable to enumerate USB device
According to my research, you should try the solution described in the following link:
If you can rule out hardware issues, such as cable, power supply (if you have a USB hub in between) and or low battery (on the Phone or even Laptop).
If you have replaced the cable
Tried another USB port
Tried another device with the same cable and that device connects
Tried another PC
Tried another Operating system
Installed Android Studio to get the most up to date ADB and fastboot drivers on the PC
Cleaned the devices USB port with 99% Isopropyl alcohol
Your device is second hand and you don't know its history (lots of eBay devices)
All the above fails to connect with a PC then your devices USB port is faulty and needs to be replaced which is no easy task on any of the Pixel phones.
I have numerous USB cables and have tried sometimes 5 different ones to get a contact.
@Mario-CH Thanks for your tip however use_both_schemes was set to Y by default on my distro.
@MrT10001 Indeed cleaning the usb port on the phone seems to have solved the issue. Thanks.
Weird since I used the same setup (laptop, phone and cable) to just minutes before flash the PQ3B.190801.002 factory image and then install Ubuntu Touch. Do not even think I disconnected the USB cable anytime during the process.
@ullgren nothing worked for me. No changes.
I had this same problem and put my phone in Fastboot mode and my computer recognized my phone. I'm not sure what caused it, but I think it may had been something like the utadblocker app but I'm really not sure.
@davedanger It is very unlikely an app caused issues with ADB detection.