Thanks for the responses, I will take a look at webber.
Latest posts made by gps1539
RE: All my webapps will no longer start - any guidance on how to solve?
All my webapps will no longer start - any guidance on how to solve?
After an update it appears that webapps on my Nexus 7, will not start. They appear to try and then the screen returns to the home/start page. It seems to effect all my webapps like "BBC news", "Google Map UT" etc. but apps like book readers, Morph, weather etc. are working fine.
Alas my update path was not wise and I jumped from the Stable to RC channel a few times. I've tried reinstalling all apps and updating to newer RC versions, but I still have the issue. Anyone know if there are logs that show why webapps didn't start? Or what may be broken or missing?
Thanks in advance.
RE: OTA-10 call for testing
I believe the 1st version I tried was v32 and I have not had any issues syncing to google calendar. However syncing contacts does not appear to work.
I will update, retry and report back (probably over the weekend).
I retested added a google account and I see the same behavior. The authentication seems to work and I see calender appointments appear, however contacts is still broken. Here is what I observe:
After adding a google account, contacts start to sync and I see my contacts start to be listed. More contacts are added and the list grows and then all the contact disappear. If I try to resync no contacts are displayed If I try to "import contact from Google" I get a "Duplicate account" error (as expected)
It looks like the contacts are downloaded, but just not being listed by the app.
If someone knows if there is a file that saves the contacts I can check to see if it exists.
RE: OTA-10 call for testing
1st timer here with UB on a old but new to me Nexus 7.
I installed stable via ubports-installer 0.2.5-beta running on arch linux
Install was slow but without issue
1st boot went OK and after testing basic functionality I changed to the RC channel via ubports-installer
update again was slow but without issue
Initial impressions are very positive. This is a great project, thanks. Feedback on OTA-10 and UT in general
What worked well
- Easy install (easier than custom Android Roms)
- Battery life seems to be as good as stock Android (run for a few days before trying UT)
- Terminal app is very nice, better than termux on Andriod
- Adding gmail and office365 email (for work) was easy
- Importing google calender
- Morph browser is responsive, although not being able to import bookmarks is a pain
- Wifi connected 1st time
- Bluetooth connected 1st time
- Finding apps on Openstore is easy
- The following apps seems to work well: Kodimote, BBC News, Youtube, Music, Strum book reader
- No crashes or hangs of UT itself (some apps did have issues - see below)
- Steps to ssh into UT are easy at least for a linux user and I can scp files with ease
What didn't work well
- Importing google contracts - they appear to sync i.e. contacts appear but then they all disappear
- Kindle reader - never found my online books and seemed to be permanently syncing
- Media player - does not play mkv, mp4 or mp3, neither did UTmedia
- Messaging app does not work. My Nexus 7 is wifi only, so maybe better to delete message app if it requires SMS.
What could be easier
- I had to search online to find how to change font size (too small for an old guy). Found UTtweaks and it worked, but would be nice this included in system settings
- Having a phone app on a tablet is confusing (unless it supports SIP). Good if it could be deleted or hidden in launcher
What is missing to be my daily driver
- A working messaging app. I see hangups was available on older UT releases
- A Working video player, mpv, ffplay, vlc etc.
Overall UT is awesome and far better than I expected.