Alright everyone - I got it.
I was misunderstanding what was being said - this is how I did it:
- Download files needed here
- Flash 7.2.1 (stock ROM from Google)
- Flash 4-core TWRP after flashing stock image
- Boot into android
- Enable USB Debugging in Developer menu < - this wasn't needed because I did the rest via TWRP
- Boot into TWRP
- Wipe dalvik, data, and cache
- Reboot into recovery (TWRP)
- Run manual installation steps:
sudo apt install qemu-utils binfmt-support qemu-user-static e2fsprogs sudo simg2img binutils cd /path/to/files/ ./halium-install-standalone.sh -p ut ubports-touch.rootfs-xenial-armhf.tar.gz system.img adb reboot bootloader fastboot flash boot halium-boot-4-cores.img fastboot reboot
I now have a working installation of UBPorts on my
P.S. I have extra files on my NC server that I needed, including the
4-core.img, the 7.2.1 files from Google, TWRP-4-core and it's associated boot script. - if you need them, I have them. Otherwise, they should all likely be hosted by the team in one spot.