Start-up time of gallery-app

• Hello,
    On my BQ E4.5 it takes always around 10++ secs to start the gallery-app until the tiles of the pictures thumbnails are showing up. Today I was lazy and tried to figure out what might be the problem.

First, I unloaded the small sqlite database, only the table ' MediaTable' has rows of all the picture files (around 1323) and I checked with a script: all the pictures are existing.

Second, I tried to attach strace to the starting proc gallery-app, which is a bit tricky, because it is launched from the Unity desktop. But I managed it and, surprise surprise, the problem is that is spending nearly all time with nothing else at these syscalls:

stat64("/etc/localtime", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=2619, ...}) = 0
    nearly 200.000 times:

root@ubuntu-phablet:/home/phablet# grep /etc/local gallery.tr | wc -l

Any ideas what the hell it is doing with /etc/localtime?

Matthias

• @guru what UT version and what gallery-app version are you running on your phone?

• This is still 2.9.1.1209 from Canonical. Ofc, you are free to say "not invented here".

• @guru are you still running UT OTA-15 (Canonical)?

• on some of my devices, yes;

• @guru do you observe the same behaviour on your devices running UT by UBports?

Looks like your connection to UBports Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.