No audio when a TV is connected to the phone via SlimPort/HDMI #344

• I am disappointed that this bug does not appear to be a priority. My Blackberry Playbook had this feature working years ago. Surely this is a fundamental requirement if we wish to talk about convergence. The comment by @dobey on github implies that if it's not supported by pulse-audio, then it won't get fixed. Surely that's not good enough? What do others think?

• I just found some stuff that sounds relevant, but I'm afraid it's a bit over my head. Maybe it may mean more to someone else. See the following link:

http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com/2017/10/fixing-broken-hdmi-audio.html

Good luck!

• Here's a bit more stuff from the same stable that says it relates to ubuntu 16.04:

http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com/2018/03/

This should be more appropriate.

• @dtarrant hi, as you know there's only a bunch of developers available, and I think is a good exercise to look at the big picture when ranking "how important is really an issue (that $user cares a lot, sure)" while keeping in mind that we (UBports project) only have a very limited amount of time&hands to work on any of them ^_^

As a workaround, have you tried to use your device's audio jack output to send the sound to your TV?

BTW, those links only show a fix for "Intel's STK1A32SC and STK1AW32SC sticks", so not a real solution anyway.

It's a script that only does this:

sed -i '/module-detect/ {n;a\
    unload-module module-alsa-card\
    load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:0,2
    }' /etc/pulse/default.pa

and then it removes itself like if it was an amazing top secret :D

• It has nothing to do with pulse-audio. It is the hybris module for pulse-audio, which is maintained by the Sailfish (Jolla) developers. For this feature to work, that module must have the support. My suggestion would be to take your issue upstream to them.

Looks like your connection to UBports Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.