How to use Spotify on Ubuntu Touch

• Now if we could just get Tidal to work in the Morph browser (switched from Spotify after a recent change to their player made it unusable for me)....

• Thank you very much for editing this installation with Libertine, this makes it possible for all of us to enjoy Spotify more and learn how it's done,

regards...

• @stefwe I finally test again, and if you select on browser a playlist to play then you see all songs on umpd

• Thank you for testing and reporting this. Maybe there is a way to display the available playlists and more in umpd. Must have a look at that.

• Hi everybody!

I would like to start by saying that I am grateful for this method of using Spotify on UBports, since making Spotify work was my greatest concern when switching from Android.

I have one problem though: I can't seem to enable write privileges in Iris. By default, it only has read access to your Spotify playlists, etc. When I try to enable write access in Iris' settings it just doesn't work. I press "Log In" under "Authorization" in the settings, proceed to login with Spotify and then I just reach a white page. Has anyone been able to enable the setting?

EDIT: I found a workaround! Installing the "Demo Browser" from the Open Store, using it to enable write privileges and then exporting the authorization from the Demo Browser Iris client to the Morph one (Iris settings > "Share configuration" > "Spotify authorization") I successfully enabled the write access 🙂

• @hadrianweb thank you for this how-to. it works perfectly for me.

I just like to mention that I had to install wget, too. And it is not needed to use ssh. You can all do it in the terminal on your ub touch device.

Again, thank you! 🙂

• Followed the instructions recently, still works like a charm! 🙂

• Sweet...!
    Has anybody tried this method with a bq aquaris e4.5 ?

• @hadrianweb How did you get mopidy keep on playing with the display off? I am trying to use spotify using librespot or spotifyd but the audio becomes teriibly choppy when the display goes off.

• Yeah, it also works well with screen off