Ubuntu Touch on LG G6 (h870 model): call for testers
LG G6 (h870, as it is the EU version) porting to Ubuntu Touch started to be in shape for testers.
Please, refer to @rymdllama @tanevanwifferen @Guf for any question.
This is a device released in 2017 with the following technical specs:
- 5.7” Quad HD+ (1440x2880), 18:9 ratio, HDR10
- Qualcomm(c) Snapdragon(tm) 821 (2.35Ghz Quad Core)
- Touch with rear fingerprint sensor
- 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC, micro SD slot (up to 2TB)
- 3,300mAh (embedded)
- Rear camera: Dual 13MP (dual matrix 1/3.06”), Standard 71°, f/1.8 * Wide-angle 125°, f/2.4
- Front camera: 5MP, wide-angle 100°, f/2.2
- Usb-c output (Fast charge 3.0)
At this extent, the following feature are successfully ported on UT and work out-of-the-box:
- Linux 3.18.31 (msm8996) on arm64-v8a
- GUI: unity (8.20), mir (0.31.2)
- GSM (inbound/outbound calls)
- SMS: inbound and outbound fully working, and notifications appear in the menu,
- Ofono: audio in inbound and outbound calls work works out-of-the-box
- 4G data connection
- Screen rotation, using Ubuntu Touch Platform API, too. Rotation block also works
- Power (fingerprint and power button), Volume up and down buttons
- Printscreen by pressing at the same time Volume+ and Volume- during 2-3 seconds
- Apparmor patch applied and working
- Notification (bubble and sound both work)
- Battery animation while charging
- Sound and headset output
- Stats on blocked screen
- Sensors (test_sensors's output)
Lxc contained is working fine.
Still to improve or to test (2020-01-26):
- LEDs: manually working, but no sign of them to be used with notifications,
Annoying flooding of errors in dmesg with the following message: "IPC_RTR: msm_ipc_router_bind: pm-service Do not have permissions" . It unfortunately drains battery(2020-01-31, fixed)
- Front and rear cameras (even though it was applied @peat_psuwit's gst-droid and installed nemo-qtmultimedia-plugins)
Still to test (2020-01-26):
- Video playback (still to test)
Updated images (2020-01-26):
Repo in github:
@Guf This is an exciting port, the lg g6 is a great phone. Any chance this would work with an h871?
@dieharddan I have no idea what the difference between the two is! is it EU or US model?
Anyway I can try to help you, if you want.
You can adapt your port accordingly with my sources.
@tanevanwifferen and @rymdllama are on it.
@dieharddan Lg g6 model numbers variants in this (article)[https://www.teamandroid.com/2017/04/15/lg-g6-model-numbers-variants/]
if you want to port it, and you have telegram, you can join us on a little group I just created
yes it is a us version, I don't have one anymore but would repurchase to try it out at some point
I have hoped a long time for the Xperia X port. After it got abandoned I was quite disappointed, but this port seems quite exiting. :the_horns:
Annoying flooding of errors in dmesg with the following message: "IPC_RTR: msm_ipc_router_bind: pm-service Do not have permissions" . It unfortunately drains battery
Hi i have ported LG V20, same hardware and manifacture. for this error
Didi you added SECURITY_ANDROID_GID_CAPABILITIES in your kernel ?
@makeixo @walidham Fixed! I applied the patch for bullhead which suggested the same: to disable CONFIG_ANDROID_PARANOID and to enable SECURITY_ANDROID_GID_CAPABILITIES, but I hadn't done it well. With the help of @tanevanwifferen (who suggested what was wrong), we fixed it ... so let's go for other issues, now
Flohack last edited by
You might want to use the list at then end of this page: https://pad.ubports.com/p/PortChecklist to give a detailed and standardized overview of whats working and whats not
@Guf I haven't done anything. I am just lurking. I am more like a fan.