Call for testing: Nexus 5 (hammerhead) owners

• Hello, for switching our Nexus 5 core device to Halium 7.1 I will need alpha testers. As this device was already well supported I do not expect that we have really heavy bugs, but we shall see.

Until I am back with detailed installation instructions please just bookmark this thread if you are interested, or reply below.

Working

• Actors: Manual brightness
    • Actors: Notification LED
    • Actors: Torchlight
    • Actors: Vibration
    • Cellular: Carrier info, signal strength
    • Cellular: Data connection
    • Cellular: Incoming, outgoing calls
    • Cellular: MMS in, out
    • Cellular: SMS in, out
    • GPU: Boot into UI
    • Misc: Battery percentage
    • Misc: Offline charging
    • Misc: Online charging
    • Misc: Shutdown / Reboot
    • Sensors: Rotation
    • Sensors: Touchscreen
    • Sound: Earphones
    • Sound: Loudspeaker
    • Sound: Volume control
    • USB: RNDIS access

Working with manual steps

• Network: WiFi (module cannot be loaded automatically)
    • Cellular: Voice in calls (Volume control missing)
    • Sound: Microphone (Volume control too low)

Not working

• Camera: Flashlight
    • Camera: Photo
    • Camera: Video
    • Cellular: Change audio routings
    • Cellular: PIN unlock
    • GPU: Video acceleration
    • Misc: Recovery image
    • Misc: Reset to factory defaults
    • Network: Bluetooth
    • Network: Flight mode
    • Network: Hotspot
    • Network: NFC
    • Sensors: Automatic brightness
    • Sensors: GPS
    • Sensors: Proximity
    • USB: MTP access
    • USB: SlimPort

• @Flohack i will help out as soon as I remember to charge and flash the build onto my N5

• I'll have an N5 available as soon as I replace its power switch... very interested to try it!

• @Flohack I have a beloved N5. Would be happy to help test!

• For further clarification: This post will only be used for alphatesting, once finished it will move to here: https://forums.ubports.com/topic/3614/lge-nexus-5-hammerhead - and there is also the link to the manifest if you want to try on your own

• Hi, I would like to help test! How can I be effective with this? Is it simply test some functions and report back, or does it go more in depth? I'm pretty skilled with technology, but I'm not a practiced programmer. I can do troubleshooting just fine, but I will likely need guidance if I need to dig into the hows and whys.

• @Manchee1017 Yeah basically the idea is to verify the list of things I posted. So I think feature x is working, but I need other people to confirm, and also to find maybe things I forgot.
    I do not have an installable image yet, will try to fix that today eve.

• @Flohack said in Call for testing: Nexus 5 (hammerhead) owners:

@Manchee1017 Yeah basically the idea is to verify the list of things I posted. So I think feature x is working, but I need other people to confirm, and also to find maybe things I forgot.
    I do not have an installable image yet, will try to fix that today eve.

I am happy to do anything to help support this phone which is the most common phone to introduce new users to UBports as it's so easily available and easy to repair.
    I should be able to test out the new image, I have a spare Nexus 5 laying around to play with.