webapp generator .clicks to get installed in the phone?
Because this is more a support question so this is a copy from https://forums.ubports.com/topic/291/web-app-generator/17
So first time I tried the webabb generator :-)
Unfortunately without access :-(
Can maybe someone tell me what I have done wrong:
I downloaded and unzipped https://github.com/Winael/ubuntu/blob/master/ubuntuphone/webapps/Reboot/alternate-webapp-generator.zip to my ubuntu 16.04 desktop I made the alternate-webapp-generator.sh file executable I edited the config.cfg # config.cfg export namespace="BastosNamespace" export app_name="xxAppname" export app_title="xxAppTitle" export app_url="http://xx.de" export app_description="A webapp client for xx.de." export app_UA="Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.0; Nexus 5) AppleWebkit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.102 Mobile Safari/537.36" export app_version="0.1" export maintainer_name="xxx" export maintainer_email="firstname.lastname@example.org" export icon_path="/home/xxx/xxx.png" In terminal I cd to the right folder and run . alternate-webapp-generator.sh Everything went with success, I get a .click file created I copied the .click file to my phone With UT Tweak Tool I installed the .click with sucess
BUT unfortunately the webapp doesnt show up at my apps even not after restart.
And today I tried with another app again. Same result...
Can you try to create some web-app that doesn't contain any of your personal data and send the config file and created click package to me.
I will try to install the click package and see if it works, if not I will try to create the click package with help of your config file.
That may give us some clue where the problem is.
So I tried to install the click package you created and had the same problems as you. I get a message that webapp is installed successfully, but there is no icon.
After some trial and error runs with your config file I managed to get a wrking click package.
It looks like the namespace and app_name should not start with capital letter.
Try to change:
and you should get a working click package.
That has been the bug! Now my matrix Riot-webapp works!
Thank you very much!
You are welcome. I'm glad I was able to solve your problem.