How to correctly remove old scopes and apps

• Hi,

I would need some hints how to best remove old scopes and apps from my UT E4.5 device.

When I go to Settings/About/Storage, I can still see some legacy apps like Telegram or old Dekko taking 10+MB of space.

screenshot20201109_155002037.png

I can also see the packages in the /opt and .local folders.
    However, the Apps are no longer displayed in the Open store app.

Is there any correct way to remove those packages or should I just delete the folders on the file system?

Thanks

• I am not sure if they are still listed there but you can try to uninstall them via UT Tweak Tool.

• If you still have the packages in /opt/click.ubuntu.com/ installed, do they not show up in the app drawer?

• Hi @kugiigi , Hi @dobey ,

thanks for your both replies!

I can confirm those scopes or apps do not show up in UT Tweak Tool, Openstore App or App Menu, but in Storage and in /opt/click.ubuntu.com/

• @mike68 OK. If they aren't showing up in the app drawer that is indeed weird.

However, you should be able to just remove the directories for those apps from under /opt/click.ubuntu.com/ and then reboot, to get rid of them. Any user cache/config/data they may have created may still exist under the user home directory after that, though.

• @dobey Ok, thanks. I'll give it a try.

• [Solved]
    Quick update: "rm -r /opt/click.ubuntu.com/[package]" did the job as FileManager did not offer a delete option. All old scopes and apps removed now. They also do not show up in the "Storage" any more.

Thanks again!