Unable to send messages after transfering old sms history from one device. (PinePhone)
Hey guys, I'm putting this in the forum and not as a bug, because I don't know if I've done this right, if I haven't transferred it right, then I don't want to report a bug and have people spend time trying to fix something not broken.
However, I backed up my history-service from .local/share on my OnePlus 3, I the copied the files over to my PinePhone, placed them back where they belong, then changed the owner from root back to phablet
However I'm getting an error saying "Failed to send the message, It is not possible to send the message", I thought it might be related to the "You can't call numbers with extensions" bug if it wasn't a file permissions bug, but I couldn't text numbers that started with a 0 as well.
So does anyone know if this is an issue with the pinephone, an issue with what I've done?
Should I be importing my sms history in a different way?
All The Best
@phoenixlandpirat I've imported mine too from Nexus 5 and I think I remember encountering that issue as well. I'll try to remember what I dd and check my terminal history and let you know if I see somethihng.
@phoenixlandpirat Sorry I can't find if I did additional commands. I realized I migrated mine long time ago and I've already transferred them multiple times to different installs on my pinephone so some history are gone.
Have you checked if maybe there's a lock file the folder and you can try removing it?
You can also try opening the sqlite file. I remember there's some kind of an ID for account/number which is used for multi sim devices. Maybe you have you edit those IDs.
@kugiigi IN the sqlite file the first table says "accountID" and in that table, it gives me results for ofono/ofono/account0 or ofono/ofono/account1, I'm assuming that because the PinePhone is a single sim, I'd have to change all the ones with account1 to account0?
@phoenixlandpirat I started a new sms feed that let me send and receive texts, any contact that I had already sent messages to, I'd still get the "unable to send message" to, so I opened the SQL database and found out that the accountid for the pinephone is ofono/ofono/quectelqmi_0, So I swapped them all to quectelqmi_0.
When I tried this on my phone, it left me with the only visible messages being ones that I sent from the pinephone.
I later found that the eventid of the ones I could see used /quectelqmi_0/_message, where as messages I couldn't see used a different format, such as /ril_0/_message, so I replaced ril_0 with quectelqmi_0.
And now it seems to be working!
@phoenixlandpirat Awesome! I guess it's because the pinephone use a newer version of ofono