UNSOLVED Questions using Pantalaimon from the end-user perspective
Nocturn-Adrift last edited by Nocturn-Adrift
Basically, I am trying to get my DMs working via FluffyChat, as those sending messages under Element's encryption cannot come through to my end. I have tried to follow this tutorial outlining how to do so, but I am having confusion as to where to fill out the information as described there:
"4. Once the app is installed, I opened Pantalaimon from the drawer and selected 'Add homeserver'.
5. It pretty much filled out all the fields for the matrix.org account and enabled the app to run at startup. Make sure the process is running at this stage"
By default at the date, of this posting, there are five fields for this:
My questions are the following:
- What InstanceName would fit for a user on the martix.org homeserver?
- Are the default settings for Homeserver (https://matrix.org) and ListenPort (8009) still valid for a user on the matrix.org homeserver?
- What proxy do I use for the matrix.org homeserver, and where do I find this info?
- What does SSL do and what is the benefit of having it on?
- What "process" is the author of the post linked talking about on step 4, and how do I ensure it is on?
thrrgilag last edited by
@nocturn-adrift you can leave the defaults and it should work without issue. The proxy isn't nessary unless you have specific network restrictions you need to worry about. You can generally leave that blank. The SSL flag should be enabled, it ensures the connection between pantalaimon and matrix.org remains secure. Generally there should be no reason to turn that off and I'll probably remove the switch with my next update.