NFC is a big security threat.
Wireless charging is possibly carcinogenic.
Best posts made by Jackl
Latest posts made by Jackl
It will have physical switched for all those
Qt has superior performance on embedded, ARM based devices.
This is new, didn't know that.
i3 would be hard to use? no keyboard?
With toolbars and gestures like android and UT does...
Notice that I sayd pinephone 2, i mean the next gen one
- 1 The lower border is too large (if it has no buttons).
- 2 Being a privacy oriented phone, it would be cool a physical switch to turn off the module, and maybe the cameras, microphone. I dont trust very much the module stand-by state.
- 3 The display manager should be i3 or lxde (kde or gnome would be f00l(no offence ubports)) and the OS arch or debian. All the always-running apps should be gtk2.
- 4 I hope that the pinephone 2 will use a mediatek or qualcomm soc. Not a surprise a battery of 3000 mAh.
- 5 USB host mode ? USB guest mode ?
- 6 A second USB ? mini hdmi ? But all those holes in the box could be a problem for water resistantce...
- 7 Some feature could be battery kiIIer, like sensors are always on ? And the rgb led is fun (less bright /efficent ?) but I hope it doesnt use 3 pwm! it would kiII the battery. Also there could be minor useless module features that are on by default, must verify that.
- 8 Is the modem chip on the main board ? Then why not to use directly the qualcomm 9x07 modem rather than the quectel based on it ?
- 9 Why there are more discussions on the phone here than on the pine64 forum ?
- 10 After the first launch you will need a period of testing to verify that the module doesnt spy. The threat can come from queltel qualc0m or andr0id small tools
- 11 Multi boot
-12 Recovery from brick(boot from sdcard?)
Sayd that, I love it! I want one as soon as possible!