I've seen a similar thread with my issue but since it's now closed, I would like to post similar BT issue of mine to this thread.
I am using my Ubuntu Touch on Nexus 5 and connected to my 2016 Subaru and here are my issues
- Turn on BT radio on my Nexus 5
- Ignition. Nexus 5 reboots immediately after being recognized by Subaru.
- Podcast streams no problem via Car stereo once rebooted.
- After returning to my car, both N5 and Subaru recognizes and confirms re-connection via respectful menus
- Once Podcast resumed, audio is coming out of N5 only. Car stereos r dead silent.
- reset BT radio on N5 and loops back to 1)
mobile battery indicator on my Subaru shows 0%; even for a fully charged N5 running Ubuntu Touch. Indicator performs correctly when iPhone or other Android phones r connected to vehicle.
I don't take calls while I drive so I haven't been able to test any telephone related with BT. Sorry about that but I hope my input could provide some help solving BT problem in general.