C++ and SDL with Clickable. A little help please.

• I've written a program in C++ and SDL2 and would like to publish it to the Ubuntu Touch open store. I have installed clickable and I've gotten the "Hello World" screen on my tablet. I added the SDL dependencies to the clickable.json file.

Could someone be kind enough to tell me how/where to put my C++ files and what settings to make in the CMakeLists.txt file? I have four .cpp and four .h files. I wont need to use Qml.

When I run clickable it almost compiles, but it appears to not be able to link to the SDL libraries.

Thanks!

• @craig hi, I've pinged some people who can help you 😉

• I'm interested in this too. SDL seems to be the only way to get GPU acceleration on Ubuntu Touch currently. A step by step tutorial on how to set up an SDL project would be awesome.

• I remember a great app witch uses SDL2 , but seems not using clickable wrapper

https://github.com/pseuudonym404/tuxracer-touch

• Thanks to all for your input and suggestions so far. I ran searches online for "CMakeLists.txt SDL tutorial", and read many tutorials. This is what I have so far that seems to almost work:

1. sudo apt install libsdl2-dev
      clickable create
      I chose option [7] main-cpp - C++/QML App (built using CMake with a main.cpp)

2. I replaced the main.cpp file in my project directory with a very small 512 byte SDL test program. It just produces a blank screen for 5 seconds and then quits. I compiled and tested it with the Code::Blocks IDE and it works fine there.

3. I added these lines to my CMakeLists.txt file in my project directory and finally I got it to link up with the SDL library:
      add_executable(${PROJECT_NAME} main.cpp)
      find_package(SDL2 REQUIRED)
      include_directories(${SDL2_INCLUDE_DIRS})
      set(SDL2_LIBRARIES "-lSDL2")
      target_link_libraries(${PROJECT_NAME} ${SDL2_LIBRARIES})

4. I run clickable from my project directory and it compiles the program just fine and sends it to my Ubuntu Touch tablet where I see the logo.svg flash on the screen for only 1 second. Finally, no error messages not being able to link up with SDL. However, I don't get the expected blank screen for 5 seconds. The logo.svg shows on the screen along with my project name for only 1 second, but it seems to quit before running the program which should show a blank screen for 5 seconds. On my tablet I now have the logo.svg icon displayed as one of my apps. When I click on it the icon shows along with the app name for about 1 second and then closes.

Does anyone know what I need to tweak to get SDL to run on UT through clickable? Then, like Wendigo said, we will have a working SDL recipe for UT/clickable for other app developers.

• Here's the source of the main.cpp:

#include <SDL.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO);

SDL_Window *window = SDL_CreateWindow( "SDL2Test", SDL_WINDOWPOS_UNDEFINED, SDL_WINDOWPOS_UNDEFINED, 640, 480, 0 );

SDL_SetWindowFullscreen( window, SDL_TRUE );

SDL_Renderer *renderer = SDL_CreateRenderer(window, -1, SDL_RENDERER_SOFTWARE);
    SDL_SetRenderDrawColor(renderer, 255, 0, 0, SDL_ALPHA_OPAQUE);
    SDL_RenderClear(renderer);
    SDL_RenderPresent(renderer);

SDL_Delay(5000);

SDL_DestroyWindow(window);
    SDL_Quit();

return 0;
    }