Mobile data usage monitoring (dataMonitor app)



  • @matteo I can't find the click file to install it



  • @ricardo65 I thought you were compiling from the source. However, I just now uploaded the .click file for armhf architecture. Please head to my repository I pointed you out just in the above message reply.
    I also tried to compile a .click for arm64 arch, but it threw an error to me and I have to give a better look at what's wrong with the compilation of the Actiondaemon binary for arm64.



  • @matteo I don't know how to compile. Thank you very much for the effort.screenshot20200408_212721956.png



  • @matteo Inform you that I have tried the app and the quwifi readings, they are only from wifi when I connect to the sim it does not give any reading, and the one that appears is from the wifi.please checkscreenshot20200409_195144749.png



  • @matteo Please ignore the last message, I have restarted the mobile and I have only put the sim and I have taken the consumption well and put it in the section of the sim.any anomaly that I observe I will communicatescreenshot20200409_201206366.png



  • @ricardo65 please tell me if you find any misbehavior like the one you noticed before. It's strange, the two data shall not be mixed together. Let me now.

    In the meantime, I finally by-passed the error thrown with the arm64 compilation and I uploaded also the clickable for this architecture. To download it, please head to --------->.click for arm64

    I hope starting since now I'll receive some feedback from Pinephone/Raspberry Pi owners too 🙂

    Regards,

    Matteo



  • @matteo Any anomaly I see, I'll let you know. Thank you.



  • New app version 0.1.8 is available for both architecture armhf and arm64. Find relevant .click files at dataMonitor app Repository.
    Change log is the following:

    -Version 0.1.8-

    1. Indicator facility added for a quicker glance at data usage. It's optional and the user can decide whether to install it or not, from Settings. The implementation is based on the indicator-weather by B. Douglass and the recently released indicator-upower by Ernest: thanks to both the developers.

    2. Merged MR made by Jonatan Ziegler, who modified the mattdaemon.conf file and the relevant CMakeLists.txt to be architecture agnostic. To have the new file in place, you need to head to Settings, remove the daemon files by means of the dedicated button, close the app and re-open soon after to have automatically installed the new daemon files.

    3. Fixed a bug preventing to build for the arm64 architecture: clickable complained for too many zeroes of a constant number defined in the networkdaemon.cpp file only for being as big as possible but exceeding the long type capability. Reducing the number of zeroes did the trick.



  • New app version 0.1.9 is now available for both architectures armhf and arm64. Find relevant .click files at dataMonitor app Repository.

    -Version 0.1.9-

    1. A brand new app restyling has been introduced with the present version. All the credits go to Michele (@mymike00 on Telegram) who made that possible! Thank you again Michele, this app is becoming more and more the flagship contribution of the Italian Community for the UBports - Ubuntu Touch project.

    2. New gesture added for the graph: starting since now you can long swipe to the right/left on the graph to have a look at the data usage archived for the earlier/later months.

    3. Added new Gestures info page and Credits page to the Information page of the app.

    4. For the graph, modified X axis scale to accommodate better the days labels and enlarged bars graphical horizontal edge (smaller gap between two adjacent bars) within each time step.

    5. Minor bug fixing.



  • New app version 0.1.9.2 is now available for both architectures armhf and arm64. Find relevant .click files at dataMonitor app Repository. This version in mainly aimed to solve this bug

    Change log:

    -Version 0.1.9.2-

    1. Fix to issue #5 "Inconsistent values (even negative)"; Actiondaemon.cpp file modified.


  • New app version 0.1.9.3 is now available for both architectures armhf and arm64. Find relevant .click files at dataMonitor app Repository.

    Change log:

    -Version 0.1.9.3-

    1. Additional fix for issue #5 "Inconsistent values (even negative)", due to incoherent behavior at the changing of month; Actiondaemon.cpp file modified.

    2. Fix for issue #9 "remove daemon does not give user feedback".

    3. Fix for issue #10 "Horizontal axis shows days labels overlapped on some devices (e.g. BQ Aquaris E5 HD)".

    4. Minor labels tinkering in the "Settings" section, to displaying more clearly text and messages.

    Kind regards,

    Matteo


Log in to reply