I'm now fully using Ubuntu Touch on my Nexus 5

• I got a Galaxy Nexus phone with one gig of RAM, just last year. This was my first smart phone (I'm a late adopter). I got this from a used computer store for fifty bucks. I installed LineageOS on it (without GApps) and was happy with it.

Recently, I bought a Nexus 5 for eighty bucks to try out Ubuntu Touch. It's also an older phone, but it's better than the Galaxy Nexus (the Nexus 5 has two gigs of RAM rather than the mere one gig of the Galaxy Nexus). The problem was that the sim card slot for the Galaxy Nexus was a mini-sim, whereas the slot for the Nexus 5 was for the micro-sim cutout (meaning a move of the card between phones could only be one way). So, I have not been able to test the full phone functions of the Ubuntu Touch. However, I decided to go with Ubuntu Touch and the Nexus 5, and have removed the sim card from my Galaxy Nexus, and cut it for the Nexus 5. So, the Nexus 5 with Ubuntu Touch is now my phone, full stop. I'm confident things will work out well.

• @MarkG_108 Welcome on board , enjoy the journey 🙂

• I'm very impressed so far. I find it's less annoying than the LineageOS-13 phone I was using, which had too many bells and whistles for me. This phone is more down to earth.

Granted, Facebook gave me a hard time when I logged in using the Morph Browser. Facebook assumed I was an intruder. However, once I verified who I was, things worked out well (I don't usually use my phone for web browsing anyway -- I prefer my desktop.)

The phone works well, and I like the calendar and the ToDo app (Ütudu 2). Again, I'm quite impressed so far.

• @MarkG_108 For facebook try Sailbook in the OpenStore

• @Lakotaubp Or Pesbuk 😛

• @kugiigi Or indeed Pesbuk 🙂

• I bought my Nexus 5 brand new from Ebay for $147 CAD and have been using Ubuntu Touch for about a week now. Loving it so far. Calling and texting have worked just fine. I have had to find alternatives for soem apps and use the web version for others but it has been an enjoyable experience. My only shock so far is the Nexus 5 only has a 2300 mah battery and i'm used to 3500-4000 so it dies far quicker than what I am used to. I still get pretty much a full day use out of it. I'm just not used to seeing a bettery get ito sub 30% by the time I get home. Hoping to preorder a Braveheart Edition Pinephone soon for the removable battery.

• @PublicLewdness This matches my experience as a daily driver, except I finish the day with > 50% battery. Probably a different mix of background tasks.