portar telegram desktop

• could you port the ubuntu desktop telegram application to our mobile format?

• Sorry that is not so easy as it sounds:

• Desktop version comes with a lot of dependencies that are not directly available for building in UT
    • No integration for notifications
    • No secret chats
    • No file exchange and attachments
    • No audio recording/playback
    • No contacts/addressbook integration

All of the above would need to be fixed, but thats why we have https://open-store.io/app/teleports.ubports - Its the project we are actively developing for and which will get all the features from desktop after some time.

Do you really want

• @Flohack Thank you very much for the answer, I already have teleports installed.

• @Flohack TELEports is a very good app indeed.👍
    I hope that this mechanism https://gitlab.com/ubports/apps/teleports/issues/130 which seems essential to me, will come soon enough.

• @domubpkm The fast scroll we tried to import from address book app, but it seems broken, also in the address book itself. No idea if we can fix it

• @Flohack Enough annoying.. Furthermore, it does not seem possible at the moment to use the username in @ to contact (only a known tel). Is it? (missing @username parameter from the contact plug).

• @domubpkm said in portar telegram desktop:

@Flohack Enough annoying.. Furthermore, it does not seem possible at the moment to use the username in @ to contact (only a known tel). Is it? (missing @username parameter from the contact plug).

Since ages I use email (IIRC since 1992) and always the @ symbol was reserved to express user @ host.domain and this was well done and thought, because it means the user foo at host bar.

Nowadays someone, bad thought, invented the style @ user to direct the phrasing to someone or to speak about someone. But this is bad expressed, because it should be to user foo I say this and this and not at user foo I say this and this.

Any chance that we could get rid of @ user?

matthias

• @guru Well its a standard in Twitter, Facebook, Telegram and other services, even in this forum. Its like the hashtag #, and like other things change over time. I see no issue with that. Human mind can adopt to this, understanding that @xyzvwu does not mean an email address.

• Everybody is free to use such broken „standard“, or not to use it. I will not. And anybody who use it with my name might concider that I will ignore such message addressed aparently to me.

• Flohack said in portar telegram desktop:

@guru Well its a standard in Twitter, Facebook, Telegram and other services, even in this forum. Its like the hashtag #, and like other things change over time. I see no issue with that. Human mind can adopt to this, understanding that @xyzvwu does not mean an email address.

Flohack, reading your reply again, I see that you didn't got my point: While flohack@host.domain expresses what it means "flohack at host.domain" (flohack auf/am Rechner host.domain), the term @ flohack "at flohack" (auf/am flohack) is just nonsense. Perhaps the idea is expressing "to flohack", but AT (the symbol @) is not the same as TO. This is just a broken idea, even if it's called a standard. Who invented this, should have used another symbol, like >flohack and not @flohack. You got me?