Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X (mido)
This is a port of Ubuntu Touch for Xiaomi Redmi note 4X
- Calls and SMS
- GPS (may include bugs)
- Power save
- Any unnoticed bugs even in the things listed as working
- Many other modules
How to install
- Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
- Wipe the System, Cache, and Data (and format the data partition!).
- Download the ROM from here (http://www.mediafire.com/file/cgyqxk6wgy60yhz/Ubuntu-Touch-mido%28Pre-Alpha_V1.1%29.zip/file) and transfer it to your device.
- Flash the ROM Zipfile.
- Reboot your device.
- A password prompt may come once its started and the password is "a" , you can change the password using the terminal, typing "passwd" and change the password (as in any Linux system)
In case of issues the source repos all have issues feature enabled for reporting
Cool, already waiting this port for long time.
I want to try your port, do i need specific twrp version?
Yes, some users did express some issues when using a wrong version, Use twrp 126.96.36.199
as i can't update the post due to the following error
You are only allowed to edit posts for 3600 second(s) after posting"
Lakotaubp last edited by
@win32_downdadup Checking why for you.
Lakotaubp last edited by Lakotaubp
@win32_downdadup There are a few changes being brought in to stop spammers. They frequently return to edit and change post. So this is being looked at. Can you try again and let me know.
@Lakotaubp I'll check it out thanks
Josele13 last edited by
This post is deleted!
Amazing, I use OrangeFox (Port of TWRP). Flash is success, and wow ubuntu touch is so smooth. The web browser also amazing compared to sailfishOS web browser.
Hi i have issue like https://github.com/ubports/ubuntu-touch/issues/14
In Pre-Alpha V1.1 Please fix this issue
Thx for your hardwork
Jio 4g sim calling not working