tedit development and design discussion
I have the same problem to unintentionelly select/mark an area while swiping. It especially happens when you swipe on the right side an reach the indicator ("|"). Is it possible to prevent this case? Or is it possible to select an area just when you tipe twice on it?
@domubpkm In development branch I added an icon to enable/disable the edit area. Feel free to test from this pipeline. I would like to know if that improves handling and but also if other issues it does cause. The icon may be placed somewhere else in the long run. But that seemed to be a good start.
There is also a first step for "create new note" there. But no asking for unsaved changes yet, so use at your own risk.
Why do you need a digital shopping list today? You do it the classic way with a small piece of paper and a pen. If the battery of the Smierfon is empty, you can't use the app either
In development branch I added an icon to enable/disable the edit area. Feel free to test from this pipeline. I would like to know if that improves handling and but also if other issues it does cause. The icon may be placed somewhere else in the long run. But that seemed to be a good start.
Thank you for this first try in 'read-only mode'.
- In reading mode, no scrolling of the text is possible; text frozen in a certain place.
- blocking a note in 'read only mode' causes all notes to be blocked when opened. The way to exit reading mode is to close and reopen Tedit.
- Locking with the padlock at the bottom is only accessible once without unlocking possible (padlock is no longer visible). Initially, I would rather place the open padlock (or brush) for writing mode and the closed padlock (reading mode) either at the top next to the settings wheel, or at the top right in the colored frame area .
I think that the 'reading mode' of a note should not exclude the possibility of being able to copy part of the text to paste it elsewhere.
@domubpkm Thanks a lot for testing. It was too late last night, so I didn't test much myself.
The lock/pencil can be used unlimited times, BUT I found the icon is too small, so one often misses it. I must have been lucky, when coding it, it worked every time.
Sad it doesn't allow scrolling. I will need to discover other ways of dealing with it.
What it does, it disables the edit area, so yes, expected that all notes are disabled unless the button is pressed again.
Regarding position, yes, many options. It will depend on how I do other things and where I may need room for controls. But as it seems not to be much helpful, we may not need to worry about that anyway.
@DPITTI Those comments are not funny, the tedit app has a lot of value, it is used to write down important data, those data can be even medical prescriptions that one should use, before commenting think a little bit.
Sorry, that's not what I meant Dear Mr. or Mrs. Danfro. Now I know which app you are trying to improve. I first thought of this shopping app, i.e. this shopping list app. Seems like you are trying to program a better alternative to an editor app!
I have no idea why posts are deleted. In any case, I can't see that posts are being deleted, at least not by everyone. Sorry again, I won't write anything more here in your science app tests.
OK, so an e-prescription app for UT, so to speak Josele13?
Ok, I think I have got enough stuff coded together for a new release of tedit.
If you like, please give it a good test before I release it. You can download the click file from the latest pipeline here.
- fixed: #10 empty password and empty file name allow to press save button
- added: setting for minimum password length
- added: setting for theme selection
- added: import from note button for base64 coder
- added: warning dialogs if there is unsaved content on new note, website import and base64 import
- improved: added a network available check for website import
- improved: added a simple error message when import of website fails
- improved: notes can now be opended with a icon in the list, swipe is not needed anymore
- improved: qr code background works now with themes and show content at bottom to allow longer strings
- improved: hash calculator page now uses normal themed colors
- improved: save handling of base64 coder
- updated: translations, many thanks to all translators!
Note: new strings will be available for translation after I merged dev branch into main branch.