Actually I solved to restore my backup.
Here's how I did it:
- install UT on new device
- setup SSH between Desktop and UT device (instruction e.g. here (in German): https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Ubuntu_Touch/Terminal/#SSH )
- create folder to mount UT root with ssh:
- mount UT via SSH on Desktop:
sshfs phablet@IP_ADRESS_PHONE:/ /home/$USER/UPhone-Home/
- on Desktop: cd into directory with BUDS backup:
- on Desktop: start restore of data with:
tar -xf BACKUP.tgz -C /home/$USER/UPhone-Home/home/phablet/
It runs through and all data is restored in the correct path.
E.g. when there is a file in the tgz:
it will be correctly restored in
So this issue here seems not to be a problem: https://github.com/popey/buds/issues/10