@doniks I have News, I finally got the device to go past the spinner, it was a combo of my udev rules and the 32011 stuff, I now have a fully working GUI, working touchscreen, and working file access, thats about it though, the wifi is detected but it isnt finding the wifi network for some reason, Ill have to play with it in terminal I guess, as for the rest, any idea where I could start with getting the rest to work?
I had Meizu Pro 5 Ubuntu Edition but run into the https://forums.ubports.com/assets/uploads/files/1528013524195-8a15d567-ca4b-44ca-a1ce-84fdb7e0aec7-image.png screen when first trying to update it to Ubports 16.04/stable channel.
Somehow now later I managed to flash - with ubuntu-device-flash - from within 16.04 ubuntu installation (actually, 16.04 lxd container with usb vendor specific passthrough). I did that by booting to Ubuntu's recovery installation with power button + volume up - this is where you might need the recovery-turbo.img but I had it flashed already.
I verified that from within my lxc container (where I had added lxc config device add CONTAINERNAME meizu usb vendorid=18d1) I was able to see the device with 'adb devices'. Then I ran ubuntu-device-flash --server=http://system-image.ubports.com touch --device=turbo --channel=ubports-touch/15.04/stable - I thought it got stuck after downloads, but actually then it started the "Pushing" phase. And even more to my surprise, it rebooted to flashing phase with Ubuntu prorgress bar going back and forth, and then booted into working Ubports installation! Even though I specified "15.04/stable", it seems it too pointed to 16.04 already, ie OTA-5.
The greatest thing was that since I didn't need to specify --bootstrap or --wipe, it was even the same installation I used as my main phone back in the days, so I had all my apps and photos intact.
@yamiyukisenpai said in Help building Halium for International Galaxy S4 (jfltexx):
I think the actual error is the line right after what you quoted and I think that means you miss something in your manifest. Did you use this one: https://github.com/Halium/projectmanagement/issues/59 if not, why not and share it/the difference to #59
Well, @doniks, I have tried creating files of various sizes with dd and doing an adb push with them, and there are some results:
-Images of 1 GB or 1,5 GB are not created by an error of insufficient space in halium-install
-Images of 2 GB or more are created but when I try to push it to the phone vía adb push (filename) /data it gives me an error of not enough partition size.
I have tried it not only with Ubuntu Touch images, also with Plasma Mobile rootfs and Halium reference rootfs.
If your sources have the file init.qcom.rc, with this line:
export LD_SHIM_LIBS /system/lib/libril.so|libril_shim.so:/system/lib/libcrypto.so|libboringssl-compat.so
try change this to
export LD_SHIM_LIBS /system/lib/libril.so|libril_shim.so
build system.img and install again.