Porting to Samsung Galaxy J6+ (J610F/J610G)
Kazuma last edited by Kazuma
Hello, these days my friends & I are working with Samsung Galaxy J6+, provided following specification about it:
- SoC : Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 (Quad-core 1.4GHz Cortex A53)
- RAM : 3GB/4GB
- ROM : 32GB/64GB
- 6" TFT LED Screen with 1480x720
- Android Start with version 8.1, current have 9.0, will upgrade to 10
- Kernel version : 3.18.71(Oreo)/3.18.120(Pie) ARCH: armhf
Preparing Method :
- Use Halium-9 to Build the Halium-boot.img & System.img
- Let Phone go to Recovery (TWRP), and wipe everything
- Install UBports GSI installer : https://build.lolinet.com/file/halium/GSI/ubports_GSI_installer_v8.zip
- in Linux, convert the spread ext4 image from system.img to standard ext4 img, and copy into phone, replace /data/android-rootfs.img with it
- Install Halium-boot.img in boot partition
- Reboot and wait the Virtual Ethernet Link is up, set a random MAC address and SSH it into "email@example.com"
- Listing Device Checking List : (WIP, updating when have process)
Actors: Manual brightness
Actors: Notification LED
Cellular: Carrier info, signal strength
Cellular: Data connection
Cellular: Incoming, outgoing calls
Cellular: MMS in, out
Cellular: PIN unlock
Cellular: SMS in, out
Cellular: Change audio routings
Cellular: Voice in calls
Endurance: Battery lifetime > 24h from 100%
Endurance: No reboot needed for 1 week
- (Reboot once again after flashed)
GPU: Boot into UI
GPU: Video acceleration
Misc: Anbox patches applied to kernel
Misc: Battery percentage
Misc: Offline charging
Misc: Online charging
[No support] Misc: Wirelss charging - only for devices that support it
Misc: Recovery image
Misc: Reset to factory defaults
Misc: Shutdown / Reboot
Network: Flight mode
[No support] (Network: NFC - disabled atm due to no middleware)
Sensors: Automatic brightness
(Sensors: Fingerprint reader - disabled atm due to no middleware)
Sound: Volume control
USB: MTP access
USB: RNDIS access
USB: External monitor - only for devices that support it
Please let me know if you have this phone and want to test it, many thanks!
P.S. Galaxy J4+ can also use this.
libremax last edited by libremax
@Kazuma Hello, in your post, it's not very clear what is working at this stage.
Keneda last edited by
That what i though seeing this thred, seems all working when reading OP.
At least, if everything's working, add :
Not Working :
Anyway, great work for the community.
Currently Progress :
Armhf : Booted into halium-boot.img , every function is not tested and facing error...
Arm64 : building required Halium-boot.img & system.img...
Halium-9 has some special items :
- Seems Erfan's GSI only support ARM64 kernel & system, but I'm still trying if arm32 can do
- halium-install for halium-9 seems have problem while halium-7.1 didn't face before, so If anyone have faced before, let us know, thanks!
- in Halium-9, need use the halium-boot, not the hybris-boot
Decided to use Arm64 to do:
Repo URL : https://gitlab.com/j6primelte-halium
Kazuma last edited by Kazuma
Status :(Sorry these days I'm out of work and didn't take care on this,sorry )
- checked some folder can't mount , including /vendor, cause necessary library can't load.
- the lxc-checkconfig seems have some missing items
- Confirmed U5 version of samsung stock source have touch panel problem by recovery environment validated, so need to find another source to use.
- AFAIK, if it boots, it'll reboot once for unknown reason...
- check /vendor is mounted (better than arm64 we found)
- seem someone in telegram group is booted into GUI with container started, but have many driver on phone equipped can't use.
Need Verify :
i. what the source (KT/DT/VT) he used
ii. if source is used, what parts is he modified, and whether modified in source reflect on building, and verified it's really usable
iii. need to check everything parts in test required item is okey...
iv. if i~iii is ready, should let the issuer reply on Halium github with progress about arm32 things.